Cardale Jones

DABEARSDABOMB

I think it will depend on the combine and his pro day (if he has one). Those would solidify his status a lot.

Everyone knows he's the most talented QB at OSU (from an NFL perspective), however, it doesn't mean that talent overcomes the production that they got out of the 1st two QB's. Mel Kiper has said if he had done this over a full year, you are talking about a guy that potentially is the top QB selected (ahead of Winston / Mariotta). The tools on this kid are extremely rare and impressive. No idea if he has football IQ but it was impressive how he continued to look downfield when he scrambled and made some big-time throws. I think you keep Jay for a year or two while Jones is groomed and it is a perfect scenario. If it works, great, if not, you have time and can and should be competitive with Jay (as you focus on building up your defensive talent and improving the oline).

Reportedly Going pro. He has been told he could potentially be the 3rd QB off the board. Official announcement is going to be made at 3.

Not sure if this is a testament to just how bad the qb class is this year, or just how good Jones looked in 3 games.

This could help if the staff likes Hundley as he might make it to the 2nd now. I'm not opposed to Jones either.

Not so fast. He is staying. Evidently Tedd Ginn Sr. did a lot of convincing.

Hopefully he gets a chance to play somewhere. He probably would get drafted next year regarfless but if he doesnt play, to prove it it wasn't a fluke, his stock will be much lower than it would be right now.

Attention OSU QBs Northwestern could use a QB, just saying.

Not so fast. He is staying. Evidently Tedd Ginn Sr. did a lot of convincing.

That was the biggest most hyped nothing press conference I've heard. You don't make all that pomp and circumstance for a player returning to school. Everyone else makes a statement and thats it.