Cardale Jones

DABEARSDABOMB

Only played 3 games, but if you look at his raw tools, off the charts. Big time arm, big body, good athlete. Dude reminds me a bit of Cam. Obviously you are going purely off the measurables and interview since there isn't a lot of film on him but he'd be the type of guy I'd be intrigued out in the 3rd-4th (no idea where he is pegged and my guess is once teams see him throw 80 yards down the field he'll climb up draft boards).

Too young IMO. And coming out after this little experience would prove he's immature.

He is actually a bit older (22) and is a 3rd string QB. I think this is more him being behind in the depth chart so this would be the best time to come out (vs. sitting behind two other Qb's for another season). That or he could transfer I suppose but that would take a lot of time as well. I see no reason for why he would stay. He's kind of a good type of QB to have if you were going to keep Jay as well. Big time tools but you know you have no pressure to start him early, so if the new GM and coach wanted to make it work with Jay, they could for 1-2 years with no pressure, knowing that the future QB is being groomed behind the scenes. If it doesn't work out, at least you aren't out a top pick.

That is if whomever the new regime is decides they don't mind keeping with Cutler in the short-term (knowing that you can win with Jay). He may not be the ideal situation but you can win with him.

Only played 3 games, but if you look at his raw tools, off the charts. Big time arm, big body, good athlete. Dude reminds me a bit of Cam. Obviously you are going purely off the measurables and interview since there isn't a lot of film on him but he'd be the type of guy I'd be intrigued out in the 3rd-4th (no idea where he is pegged and my guess is once teams see him throw 80 yards down the field he'll climb up draft boards).

Cam is faster, reminds me of Big Ben....... maybe a little faster than Big Ben!!

Ya, I really think he almost has to go pro. It's not immature in the slightest.

Hell, I know they are rediculous but Skip and Stephen A on First Take were talking about him as a late first rounder. I think that's a bit out there but if he happens to drop to us in the 3rd I'd take him.

Dude beat Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon 3 weeks in a row.

He has been off the charts good these last few weeks, but so has the entire team (Elliott, etc), so I would need to see more than a few games to take him in the first or second. I think he is intriguing enough to take in the 3rd, but I would be concerned with the transition from college to the pros. JaMarcus Russell was also dominant in college.

He also said this:

Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain’t come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS

He is slow to read a play, doesn't go through progressions well, has horrible mechanics and has almost zero experience. If he goes pro, it only shows he doesn't want to work for greatness and that he is dumb as a box of hammers for thinking he's ready. Buyer beware. Next year is a different story. Urban will tell him as much.

He is slow to read a play, doesn't go through progressions well, has horrible mechanics and has almost zero experience. If he goes pro, it only shows he doesn't want to work for greatness and that he is dumb as a box of hammers for thinking he's ready. Buyer beware. Next year is a different story. Urban will tell him as much.

His valve will never be any higher than it is right now. It the 3rd or 4th round he is worth taking a chance on as a project but is two to three years away from being a NFL type of QB and could bust out. We just have no idea.

His valve will never be any higher than it is right now. It the 3rd or 4th round he is worth taking a chance on as a project but is two to three years away from being a NFL type of QB and could bust out. We just have no idea.

So you don't think it will be higher if he busts his butt, wins the starting job and shows he can grow into the position? By SCS's account, he may not even start for Ohio state next year, but he's good enough to stick with a pro team. Couldn't disagree more. You know Al Davis it's dead right?

I agree on your assessment of him reading the defense and I don't think what I've seen will translate to the NFL well at all. However, saying he doesn't want to work for greatness and is dumb for thinking he's ready is wrong IMO. First, why can't he work to improve while he's in the NFL, with better QB coaching? Let's be honest about his college head coach…he did nothing that helped Tebow become an NFL QB. So why stay with that coaching when you are already 22 years old?

If he's got any common sense at all he'd know this is the moment where his star is the brightest. He won't be in the national spotlight sitting on the bench next season and then going to the draft. I'd say his performance the last few games will likely earn him at least $1 million and maybe $2 million more on his first NFL contract than what he'd see after next season. Who will know he's improved if he's holding a clipboard? IMO he'd be wrong not taking the extra money that also comes with the opportunity to get the better QB coaching sooner rather than later.

I agree on your assessment of him reading the defense and I don't think what I've seen will translate to the NFL well at all. However, saying he doesn't want to work for greatness and is dumb for thinking he's ready is wrong IMO. First, why can't he work to improve while he's in the NFL, with better QB coaching? Let's be honest about his college head coach…he did nothing that helped Tebow become an NFL QB. So why stay with that coaching when you are already 22 years old?

If he's got any common sense at all he'd know this is the moment where his star is the brightest. He won't be in the national spotlight sitting on the bench next season and then going to the draft. I'd say his performance the last few games will likely earn him at least $1 million and maybe $2 million more on his first NFL contract than what he'd see after next season. Who will know he's improved if he's holding a clipboard? IMO he'd be wrong not taking the extra money that also comes with the opportunity to get the better QB coaching sooner rather than later.

It's all because I don't think he's ready to make a 53 man roster. I just hate to see a Cinderella story from a very likable kid end in failure because he decided to cash in. Just think it would be a really poor decision if it turns that way.

It's all because I don't think he's ready to make a 53 man roster. I just hate to see a Cinderella story from a very likable kid end in failure because he decided to cash in. Just think it would be a really poor decision if it turns that way.

Right now I've heard that experts have a 3rd round grade on him, if that hoods true and if he gets drafted around there then that team is gonna be willing to keep him around even if he struggles. Everyone knows he's green, but if you look at what he did in those 3 games, against 3 top 35 college defenses mind you, the talent is obviously there,

Ya gotta realize he's on a team with Braxton Miller, who was a preseason heisman candidate, so he's in a real difficult postion. Does he stay in the system that is getting him the praise but also risk losing out to Miller? Transfer as a senior and have one year to pick up a new offense and risk faltering? Or ride it out and create a better life for your kid.

Right now I've heard that experts have a 3rd round grade on him, if that hoods true and if he gets drafted around there then that team is gonna be willing to keep him around even if he struggles. Everyone knows he's green, but if you look at what he did in those 3 games, against 3 top 35 college defenses mind you, the talent is obviously there,

Ya gotta realize he's on a team with Braxton Miller, who was a preseason heisman candidate, so he's in a real difficult postion. Does he stay in the system that is getting him the praise but also risk losing out to Miller? Transfer as a senior and have one year to pick up a new offense and risk faltering? Or ride it out and create a better life for your kid.

You guys make good points. Hopefully it works out for him.

Not really knowing much about this kid, but my un-expert thought would be for him to pull Russell Wilson and try to find a school where he can start. He's showcased his abities so it's no secret now. Going to a lesser known school isn't an opportunity killer. Ask Joe Flacco.

So you don't think it will be higher if he busts his butt, wins the starting job and shows he can grow into the position? By SCS's account, he may not even start for Ohio state next year, but he's good enough to stick with a pro team. Couldn't disagree more. You know Al Davis it's dead right?
r

odds are against him being 3rd string, so going in to the draft, some one will take a chance on him. Jamarcus Russel got drafted on much less.

Jones may have promoted himself these last 3 games, but I would pass. If some team drafts him, I applaud Jones for making the most out of 180 minutes. He is an athlete, but he is no Craig Krenzel. Not that a QB needs to be a molecular genetics major like Krezel, but Jones wasn't fond of academics. His infamous "tweet" about not being at Ohio State to play school brings his maturity into question.

As a Bear fan I will pass, but maybe Cincinnati will take a shot. They have Dalton but can move on from him anytime. M Lewis has been good at getting the most out of guys too.

Jones may have promoted himself these last 3 games, but I would pass. If some team drafts him, I applaud Jones for making the most out of 180 minutes. He is an athlete, but he is no Craig Krenzel. Not that a QB needs to be a molecular genetics major like Krezel, but Jones wasn't fond of academics. His infamous "tweet" about not being at Ohio State to play school brings his maturity into question.

As a Bear fan I will pass, but maybe Cincinnati will take a shot. They have Dalton but can move on from him anytime. M Lewis has been good at getting the most out of guys too.

If he's available in the 5th round, do you take him? I'd be good with that. He's likely to make $300,000+ a year for the next few years. He'd be drafted with the notion that he'd sit and learn until he's ready.

Maybe in the 4th round even. Round 4 becomes such a crap-shoot. Although we wouldn't be able to use that pick on another bad safety . . .

If he's available in the 5th round, do you take him? I'd be good with that. He's likely to make $300,000+ a year for the next few years. He'd be drafted with the notion that he'd sit and learn until he's ready.

Maybe in the 4th round even. Round 4 becomes such a crap-shoot. Although we wouldn't be able to use that pick on another bad safety . . .

I think someone will take a shot at him before the 4th. 4th would be boderline for me to take, it would depend on the HC/OC if they think he can play. He won't be on any practiced squads, so he will be on someones 53.

Mel Kiper has already said, weeks ago that he has the best arm in college football FWIW, so ya, someone is gonna take a shot on him before the 4th.

I think it will depend on the combine and his pro day (if he has one). Those would solidify his status a lot.

Not really knowing much about this kid, but my un-expert thought would be for him to pull Russell Wilson and try to find a school where he can start. He's showcased his abities so it's no secret now. Going to a lesser known school isn't an opportunity killer. Ask Joe Flacco.

He'd have to sit out a year, which would put him even further behind the 8 ball and basically mean he'll have one year of eligibility (I think he has already used up his RS).