Current Cap Space - More than I thought

DABEARSDABOMB

@adamjahns According to the NFLPA, the #Bears have $11,008,538 in salary-cap room.

Our effective rookie salary pool is about 3.1M which means we are just under 8M in available cap space to use on FA (or resigning existing players). That is more money than I thought. I presume we will keep some in reserve for in-season need signings (as long as use some of the space on future extensions) but I also am guessing when vets get cut we will be in a pretty good position.

Our effective rookie salary pool is about 3.1M which means we are just under 8M in available cap space to use on FA (or resigning existing players). That is more money than I thought. I presume we will keep some in reserve for in-season need signings (as long as use some of the space on future extensions) but I also am guessing when vets get cut we will be in a pretty good position.

Yeah sounds about right because we have started to essentially swap cap hits with the last few signings since we have been cutting others. Also, I figure we will leave some flexibility in the cap for June 1st cuts.

I think the Bears need to keep 5.8 million just for the rookie class salary last I seen. That leaves more like 5 million to work with.

I think the Bears need to keep 5.8 million just for the rookie class salary last I seen. That leaves more like 5 million to work with.

I think they have a few more to add but it will vet mins. anything they have left over from this year they can roll over to next year. They will also be draft free agents to add to the pile.