White Rehabbing

scs787

Kevin White was at practice doing some side work. Fox said he's been doing indoor work and has progressed to grass.

Really encouraging stuff. Probably still out 4-6 weeks I'd guess but that's a whole lot sooner than I thought (I thought he'd be gone all year).

I know playoffs sound crazy, but tread water around .500 till White (and Alshon) comes back, and explode through the last 5-6 weeks and boom, playoffs.

Reports were that White has just been an animal from a rehab perspective. I also heard some people say he looked outstanding during the off-season stuff leading into training camp (where he obviously didn't get any reps). At least he's got the right attitude and work ethic (by all accounts). I personally am excited and hope we get to see him play at some point in the season. Would be huge for him to get some of that experience and adjustment out of the way this year.

Reports were that White has just been an animal from a rehab perspective. I also heard some people say he looked outstanding during the off-season stuff leading into training camp (where he obviously didn't get any reps). At least he's got the right attitude and work ethic (by all accounts). I personally am excited and hope we get to see him play at some point in the season. Would be huge for him to get some of that experience and adjustment out of the way this year.

From a couple of interviews I heard after they drafted him he said all the right things as far as work ethic and drive to be great. Im excited to see him in a Bears uniform.

The biggest thing I cant wait to see is White's speed. He can jump through the roof and high points jump balls very well, throw his speed on top of it and he could be a deadly weapon.

To caveat this, Lemming indicated you are talking at least a month until he does any major type of football work. Lemming has been one of the more optimistic ones regarding his timeframe and the fact that he could be on the field somewhere between weeks 10-12.

My target date for his return is the Thanksgiving game. :rolleyes:

My target date for his return is the Thanksgiving game. :rolleyes:

Mine too. That would be awesome, but only if he was ready. Based on the recovery timeline, that is not out of the question as we are still talking about 40 days from today. So if he can progress from running to sprinting to cutting to contact, we could see him practicing mid-November.

Mine too. That would be awesome, but only if he was ready. Based on the recovery timeline, that is not out of the question as we are still talking about 40 days from today. So if he can progress from running to sprinting to cutting to contact, we could see him practicing mid-November.

I never thought he would miss the entire season. The surgery was done to speed up the healing and now he is conditioning. I think he will start practicing the first of November and be playing before thanksgiving. We need help from the injury gods to help this team out though.