Really interesting read on Ratliff's blow up last year

DABEARSDABOMB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2582867...dipping-problem

I know we all recently learned about the outburst and him being named captain (after this most recent fiasco) but seeing more specifics...craaazzy. Only thing I wonder is why didn't new regime drop him immediately (as I presume they would have been made aware of how players felt, etc...or maybe general reaction from players was okay with Ratliff...they just wanted to see more control from coaches)?

I know we all recently learned about the outburst and him being named captain (after this most recent fiasco) but seeing more specifics...craaazzy. Only thing I wonder is why didn't new regime drop him immediately (as I presume they would have been made aware of how players felt, etc...or maybe general reaction from players was okay with Ratliff...they just wanted to see more control from coaches)?

WOW. Push a coach, throw a tantrum, and get named captain? No wonder the locker room was lost at the end of the year.

Trestman really had no clue how to run a team. He had no business being the HC. I get that he was a good OC, but even his OC stints never worked well for more then 1 or 2 years. He won up in Canada going against a sub par competition in regards to other coaches. Emery really screwed himself, had he offered Bruce the job Emery may still be the GM of the Bears.

I imagine the new regime handled the Ratliff situation like they did with BM. If the players had spoken against Ratliff he would have been cut. Kyle Long was on the score yesterday and spoke about Ratliff, he said he was always a great teammate, Long also said he learned a lot from Ratliff. He said it was unfortunate to see him go but hopes he gets the help he needs.

The only thing I can come up with is that BM had very little support from teammates and Ratliff did or they couldn't get anything in return for Ratliff and figured he could help mentor the young guys.

That locker room was lost way before the end of the year. I honestly cant remember a year as bad as last year.

How far back do you go? Honestly not sarcasm. 69 thru 76 sucked and in that span we lost the coin flip with the Steelers for Terry Bradshaw and wound up with Bobby Douglass. 80 thru 82 was just as awful leading to the Ditka hiring and the run of our lives until his dismissal in 92. 93 until 2003 yielded 2 playoff teams, so more suckage. Since 2003, is it 3 playoff appearances under Lovie with the NFC Championship Game being the the last one in 2010? In the last 40 years there have been some bad years throughout just pick one.

How far back do you go? Honestly not sarcasm. 69 thru 76 sucked and in that span we lost the coin flip with the Steelers for Terry Bradshaw and wound up with Bobby Douglass. 80 thru 82 was just as awful leading to the Ditka hiring and the run of our lives until his dismissal in 92. 93 until 2003 yielded 2 playoff teams, so more suckage. Since 2003, is it 3 playoff appearances under Lovie with the NFC Championship Game being the the last one in 2010? In the last 40 years there have been some bad years throughout just pick one.

Ive been watching Bears game every Sunday since 1980. For me last years team had the most talent on paper with the worst performance. I have been through many shitty years since 1980 but I cant remember a team having so much talent on one side of the ball and look like complete assholes.