Alex Mack Voids Contract

DABEARSDABOMB

Arguably the best center in the league and I'd also argue, it is a position of need (depending on how sold you are on Grassu). I also wonder if Grassu could profile at guard at all?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14884993...opting-contract

The knock on Grassu is that he lacks strength and that he's not much of a mauler. I can't see him being a good fit at guard in this scheme. The team seems to be invested in him and it's his job to lose. Granted, I easily see us bringing in a guy like Will Montgomery to compete with him and push him for a starting spot.

While we need to address the RG position early in free agency, there are better options than Mack.

Arguably the best center in the league and I'd also argue, it is a position of need (depending on how sold you are on Grassu). I also wonder if Grassu could profile at guard at all?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14884993...opting-contract

Last year Grassu shouldnt probably even played, but they like him alot. This year will end up being ok, but after a couple of years he should be up to speed. He is not physical enough to play guard. They have to many holes to fill, to pay a center big money when they drafted the future starter last year.

I think Grasu has serious potential in the NFL. He was a little soft last year when he started, but he's got all the tools to start for a long time.

I'd say the Bears have more pressing areas they need to spend the money. They shouldn't pursue Alex Mack unless he loves Chicago and would be willing to give a hometown discount.

I agree with the posts. I wouldn't pay Mack 8M a year. I'm not sold on Grassu as a lot depends on whether he truly can add the strength. I hate assuming that he'll just add the strength. I do think if he does, he can turn into a pretty good center and I agree he wasn't at all prepared this past year (which is odd for a 3rd round pick).