Tracey Porter Resigning w/Bears

DABEARSDABOMB

That seems like a ton for a guy who didn't make any big plays. David Haugh said he was one helluva a locker room guy which helped.

I felt like he made a ton of big plays. He was a legit shut down corner when I watched him. Was thoroughly impressed with how many times he just swatted the ball away or made a physical play. Was like no other db on our team (outside of Amos who was solid for a rookie).

I felt like he made a ton of big plays. He was a legit shut down corner when I watched him. Was thoroughly impressed with how many times he just swatted the ball away or made a physical play. Was like no other db on our team (outside of Amos who was solid for a rookie).

For the most part I agree. I wouldn't say he was a shut down corner, but he was definitely a good cover corner.

For the most part I agree. I wouldn't say he was a shut down corner, but he was definitely a good cover corner.

I was probably too generous with shut down corner, but in relation to the pourous secondary we saw the past two years, Porter's above average play looked so much better, haha. I should also point out Fuller did seem to make some strides later in the year. Hopefully with a full year in the new system under his belt, we can see Fuller become a real player.

I still think we need to prioritize CB in the draft. Porter's been up and down his whole career, we still don't know what we have in Fuller, we have inexperienced nickel & dime backs behind them. Depending on how the draft breaks, I could see a trade down in the first for a big CB like Apple or Jackson or target Burns or Howard in the 2nd/3rd.

Laurence Holmes Retweeted

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 7h7 hours ago

Tracy Porter resigns with the Bears. He allowed a passer rating of 107.2 when quarterbacks targeted his coverage.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/707701244140371968?lang=en

Holmes retweeted that earlier. I am not big on PFF and don't know if that is their stat or an actual stat, or for one year or his career.