Three Ways Bears Offense is Changing

AZ54

Interesting article from the Sun Times.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/three-w...se-is-changing/

Some things to watch for when we get to training camp. Clearly the sudden and decisive departure of Slauson may be part of a bigger puzzle with regards to what our Oline will be asked to do this year.

Yes I agree....that means they want the Oline to block someone down field to get our backs more yards than the 4.0 yards per carry average we have been getting.

What I like: Zone blocking

What I am uncertain about: Whether or not it accentuates Long's skills as a mauler

Zone blocking requires a lot of side-stepping, double-teaming, and bouncing to the 2nd level for OGs. He has the mobility for it all, but I think he's best when he's told to simply man-block and destroy the guy in front of him.

We shall see. Interesting season ahead of us.

What I like: Zone blocking

What I am uncertain about: Whether or not it accentuates Long's skills as a mauler

Zone blocking requires a lot of side-stepping, double-teaming, and bouncing to the 2nd level for OGs. He has the mobility for it all, but I think he's best when he's told to simply man-block and destroy the guy in front of him.

We shall see. Interesting season ahead of us.

Didn't the Bears run a ZBS in the Trestman/Kromer era? I seem to recall Long getting out and to the 2nd level quite a bit and doing it quite well.