Zach Miller

AZ54

IIRC Zach Miller used to play around 235lbs. Judging by this photo Miller has added some sterngth over the offseason. Housler is listed at 250lbs and is just 1" taller. He said he wanted to improve as a blocker and it looks like he committed himself to that goal.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/pho...7c-d08bc5c212c5

One thing about Fox that is noticeable from past coaching staffs is his emphasis on players working with the trainers and the nutritionist. I don't know how many times I've seen Jenn Gibson mentioned regarding player's conditioning program but she is the only Sport Science Coordinator and Nutritionist I've ever heard of among the Front Office. I can't say what it will translate to on the field but this is really the first full offseason Fox has had where his staff can mold players into the training habits they want. Last year Fox often seemed frustrated at some of the soft tissue injuries that kept players out for extended time. So far from a distance I see good signs with Miller, Grasu (now reportedly at 310lbs), and even Marquis Wilson appears to have improved his strength quite a bit. Then there is Cornelius Washington who now looks like he's been playing DT for years but we don't know what remains of his quickness and speed at this weight. On the flip side Lamar Houston looks a little leaner which, if true, should be good for his mobility. Danny Trevathan looks like he's been celebrating his new contract by eating too often at Lance Brigg's BBQ restaurant.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink so we have no idea which players really committed themselves to improving during the offseason and that includes Alshon Jeffrey who, despite being paid $15mil this year, can't bring himself to be a leader at a voluntary team practice. Rumors are that he's improved his offseason work outs from what he's done in the past. For now he remains the only NFL player I've ever heard of getting injured during a walk-through.

If you happen to view that entire slide show, on the first slide Massie makes Grasu look like he still weighs 280lbs. I look forward to seeing him and Long run block side by side.

Kevin White: best socks of the year!

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/pho...83-4dca05019a85

IIRC Zach Miller used to play around 235lbs. Judging by this photo Miller has added some sterngth over the offseason. Housler is listed at 250lbs and is just 1" taller. He said he wanted to improve as a blocker and it looks like he committed himself to that goal.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/pho...7c-d08bc5c212c5

One thing about Fox that is noticeable from past coaching staffs is his emphasis on players working with the trainers and the nutritionist. I don't know how many times I've seen Jenn Gibson mentioned regarding player's conditioning program but she is the only Sport Science Coordinator and Nutritionist I've ever heard of among the Front Office. I can't say what it will translate to on the field but this is really the first full offseason Fox has had where his staff can mold players into the training habits they want. Last year Fox often seemed frustrated at some of the soft tissue injuries that kept players out for extended time. So far from a distance I see good signs with Miller, Grasu (now reportedly at 310lbs), and even Marquis Wilson appears to have improved his strength quite a bit. Then there is Cornelius Washington who now looks like he's been playing DT for years but we don't know what remains of his quickness and speed at this weight. On the flip side Lamar Houston looks a little leaner which, if true, should be good for his mobility. Danny Trevathan looks like he's been celebrating his new contract by eating too often at Lance Brigg's BBQ restaurant.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink so we have no idea which players really committed themselves to improving during the offseason and that includes Alshon Jeffrey who, despite being paid $15mil this year, can't bring himself to be a leader at a voluntary team practice. Rumors are that he's improved his offseason work outs from what he's done in the past. For now he remains the only NFL player I've ever heard of getting injured during a walk-through.

If you happen to view that entire slide show, on the first slide Massie makes Grasu look like he still weighs 280lbs. I look forward to seeing him and Long run block side by side.

In disappointed once again (according to what is written) that AJ seems to be not getting with the program. Even more concerned that our high valued FA acquisitions (Trevathan)doesn't appear to be taking care of himself.

Kudos to Jay for continuing to display strong leadership qualities.

Miller has a lot riding on him this year so I'm glad he has put in some good work on his body.

I have some faith in Alshon. I don't know how long he was there, but working out at Jay Glazers new age gym really should have helped a ton.

Houston does indeed look to be in great shape. Gonna be interesting to see how the OLB rotation works this year. I'm rooting for Houston now more than ever. One of my good friends was in a really bad car accident with her son and Lamarr sent her son a Bears teddy bear and some other gear.

Houston does indeed look to be in great shape. Gonna be interesting to see how the OLB rotation works this year. I'm rooting for Houston now more than ever. One of my good friends was in a really bad car accident with her son and Lamarr sent her son a Bears teddy bear and some other gear.

Aside from that meaningless sack dance when he got injured I've never had an issue with Houston. He seems to just be on the fringe when it comes to potential. In fact based on that and what I've seen so far this year I'm goin g to hazard a guess and that he's gonna be the #1 or #2 performing OLB behind Floyd. Yes even better that McPhee.

But if for nothing else that personal note you added puts him up a few notches in my book as an overall good guy.