Bill Polian mentioned in article to Bears

killakrzydav

The link did not work and I think spellcheck inserted Polish, but I think this is what you were getting to.

Bill Polian is open to return to the NFL.

If somehow this was true, I hope they completely remove Ted Phillips from the football side of things. This would be their biggest step which should have happened years ago.

If the McCaskeys don't do this I think they should sell the Bears to someone else. Ted Phillips must suck some really good "you know what" to still be around. His track record is terrible. Think about Ted's record as the CEO, he was named ceo in 1999.

Under Ted Phillips

1. Hires Jerry Angelo - I feel a terrible GM

2. Builds a stadium that is now the 2nd smallest in the 3rd largest market, while soon after completion of the new stadium everyone else starts building mega stadiums

3. 18 seasons as CEO with 4 playoff trips - NO SB wins, 1 trip to the SB - with the Bears D under Lovie the Bears should have done a lot better

4. Emery hire - enough said

5. Trestman hire over Bruce Arians

6. Trestman Hire = enough said

7. Hires Ernie to tell him and George who to hire as the next GM - this man needs to hire another man to do his job because when he does his job he picks a guy like Emery. WTF

There is a lot more I could say but don't want to puke. Its time George figures it out, they need a guy Like Bill Polian to run the football side of things. Give him TOTAL control of everything related to FOOTBALL. I personally think a team of Pace and Polian would be great, also just think of the other guys Polian would bring in to make their front office one of the best in the business.

I like the idea, and I'm a bit frightened by it...

While I think lessening the power of sweaty Teddy is the big payoff...I worry Polian is 74 and is only to be around for a little bit before a second retirement. When, he'll then want to install one of his kids in the mix...who almost all remind me of McCaskey's... The father great...sons/etc...no so much.

Then we lose Pace...who I think should be given some more time to prove himself. We do have some talent under him.

That said...I am not opposed. Just a bit weary...

But, I'm weary already.

If the McCaskeys don't do this I think they should sell the Bears to someone else. Ted Phillips must suck some really good "you know what" to still be around. His track record is terrible. Think about Ted's record as the CEO, he was named ceo in 1999.

Under Ted Phillips

1. Hires Jerry Angelo - I feel a terrible GM

2. Builds a stadium that is now the 2nd smallest in the 3rd largest market, while soon after completion of the new stadium everyone else starts building mega stadiums

3. 18 seasons as CEO with 4 playoff trips - NO SB wins, 1 trip to the SB - with the Bears D under Lovie the Bears should have done a lot better

4. Emery hire - enough said

5. Trestman hire over Bruce Arians

6. Trestman Hire = enough said

7. Hires Ernie to tell him and George who to hire as the next GM - this man needs to hire another man to do his job because when he does his job he picks a guy like Emery. WTF

There is a lot more I could say but don't want to puke. Its time George figures it out, they need a guy Like Bill Polian to run the football side of things. Give him TOTAL control of everything related to FOOTBALL. I personally think a team of Pace and Polian would be great, also just think of the other guys Polian would bring in to make their front office one of the best in the business.

I just posted another response on this thread that is eerily similar to yours right here!

I have some of those same fears...

I kind of like Pace, so I don't want to mess with that, but do like the idea of having a football president. Timing of this is ass backwards though, cause it is just Pace's second year and he is coming off a pretty stellar looking draft (Floyd / Whitehair / Howard all look like real keepers).