I'm always a fan of OT

jason

Since the Bears moved up and invested everything for the Trubisky pick, that signals to me a few things:

1. Pace is staking his job on this pick.

2. Trubisky will be given every possible chance to win the job.

3. Trubisky absolutely will be starting next year, regardless of how well Glennon does.

4. The Bears are embracing the new era approach to the passing game.

With all of that said, I don't care who is there with the second pick. If Cam Robinson is available, that's a slam dunk. He was widely considered the #1 OT in the draft just a month or so ago, and there was talk of him going top 15. If he's there in round two, that's incredible value. Remember, Pace is a BPA guy. <_>

The Bears should do everything they can to ensure the future of their franchise QB is successful. The talented QB+good weapons+average/bad OL has already been tried. Doesn't work. If Trubisky is as good as Pace thinks, he should do everything within his power to ensure that Trubisky's jersey stays clean. It's about time the talented QB+good OL+average/bad weapons is tried. After all, guys like Wheaton and Wright are available every year in FA.

Last but not least, I'll let this video do a little more speaking for me. Robinson makes all the sense in the world right now.

Since the Bears moved up and invested everything for the Trubisky pick, that signals to me a few things:

3. Trubisky absolutely will be starting next year, regardless of how well Glennon does.

With all of that said, I don't care who is there with the second pick. If Cam Robinson is available, that's a slam dunk. He was widely considered the #1 OT in the draft just a month or so ago, and there was talk of him going top 15. If he's there in round two, that's incredible value. Remember, Pace is a BPA guy. <_>

The Bears should do everything they can to ensure the future of their franchise QB is successful. The talented QB+good weapons+average/bad OL has already been tried. Doesn't work. If Trubisky is as good as Pace thinks, he should do everything within his power to ensure that Trubisky's jersey stays clean. It's about time the talented QB+good OL+average/bad weapons is tried. After all, guys like Wheaton and Wright are available every year in FA.

Last but not least, I'll let this video do a little more speaking for me. Robinson makes all the sense in the world right now.

Couldnt agree more. It's imperative that we protect our qb

I agree that LOT becomes a more important position now, and so does WR and TE.

But I don't agree that Pace has staked his career. As fans, we and the pundits see everything as a test. If you pick the right guy youre a genius, and if you pick the wrong one youre an idiot.

But no GM can actually predict the future. You can pay someone millions of dollars and threaten to kill their family if they don't correctly pick next weeks stock prices, but there is no way they can. They can take educated guesses, and make weighted risks, and over time the good ones will win more than they lose, but to think anyone in the NFL can tell you with certainty who Trubisky will be in 4 years is nonsense.

It's like a world champion poker player. That guy or girl wins routinely, and you see them at the top of tournament after tournament, but you cannot tell them they have to win any specific hand of poker. They cannot control the cards. Over time, playing the odds they will be successful, but you can't assume anything on any individual hand before the cards are dealt.

The criticism of having Glennon and Trubisky is also based in the same outlook. It assumes that anyone could know with certainty how either of them will be. No one does.

What Pace is doing is taking calculated risks at the position. If he thought, for example, that there was a 30% chance that Trubisky could be Peyton Manning, then the price he paid wasn't too high at all. That doesn't mean that he KNOWS Trubisky will be, or that if Trubisky isn't that good that Pace should get fired. Sure owners with control fantasies may fire guys for misses, but smart ones (and Im not saying we have any smart owners, Im speaking to the people here) will look at the overall plan and judge THAT.

In other words, let's say you're the GM of the Bears. Let's say a fairy came down and magically had foresight to tell you that if you choose 3 QBs in the next 6 years, and paid a total of 1x 1st, 1x 2nd, 4 x3rd round picks, plus free agent money but that one of them would turn out to be Peyton Manning, would you do it?

Cuz if you just did the safe thing, you could trade down every year, add more middle players to the defense and special teams coverage and never get that guy at QB.

That's not what Pace is doing. He is not telling you he knows how Trubisky or Glennon will be. He is spending value on high upside guys at the position until he knows he has one.

Imagine hypothetically that Glennon turns out to be amazing, a top 3 QB, and Trubisky never develops, Youre mad at Pace then?

Our odds of having good QB play are very high now, although I cannont say which one (or both) will be the guy. That's realistic.

Keep in mind he did all this without spending any extra first or second round picks. Pretty good Pace. I see you.

I agree that LOT becomes a more important position now, and so does WR and TE.

But I don't agree that Pace has staked his career. As fans, we and the pundits see everything as a test. If you pick the right guy youre a genius, and if you pick the wrong one youre an idiot.

But no GM can actually predict the future. You can pay someone millions of dollars and threaten to kill their family if they don't correctly pick next weeks stock prices, but there is no way they can. They can take educated guesses, and make weighted risks, and over time the good ones will win more than they lose, but to think anyone in the NFL can tell you with certainty who Trubisky will be in 4 years is nonsense.

It's like a world champion poker player. That guy or girl wins routinely, and you see them at the top of tournament after tournament, but you cannot tell them they have to win any specific hand of poker. They cannot control the cards. Over time, playing the odds they will be successful, but you can't assume anything on any individual hand before the cards are dealt.

The criticism of having Glennon and Trubisky is also based in the same outlook. It assumes that anyone could know with certainty how either of them will be. No one does.

What Pace is doing is taking calculated risks at the position. If he thought, for example, that there was a 30% chance that Trubisky could be Peyton Manning, then the price he paid wasn't too high at all. That doesn't mean that he KNOWS Trubisky will be, or that if Trubisky isn't that good that Pace should get fired. Sure owners with control fantasies may fire guys for misses, but smart ones (and Im not saying we have any smart owners, Im speaking to the people here) will look at the overall plan and judge THAT.

In other words, let's say you're the GM of the Bears. Let's say a fairy came down and magically had foresight to tell you that if you choose 3 QBs in the next 6 years, and paid a total of 1x 1st, 1x 2nd, 4 x3rd round picks, plus free agent money but that one of them would turn out to be Peyton Manning, would you do it?

Cuz if you just did the right thing, you could trade down every year, add more middle players to the defense and special teams coverage and never get that guy at QB.

That's what Pace is doing. He is not telling you he knows how Trubisky or Glennon will be. He is spending value on high upside guys at the position.

Imagine hypothetically that Glennon turns out to be amazing, a top 3 QB, and Trubisky never develops, Youre mad at Pace then?

Our odds of having good QB play are very high now, although I cannont say which one (or both) will be the guy. That's realistic.

Keep in mind he did all this without spending any extra first or second round picks. Pretty good Pace. I see you.

Regarding the bolded, absolutely. Apparently you wouldn't be, but I don't see how. It would be admitting the need for QB wasn't really there. Sure, he's doubling-down, but either he believe in Glennon or not.

If so, then no need to draft a QB with #3, much less trade to #2. If this team were closer to contention, then there is a point. But this team is not.

If not, then the idea was to pick Trubisky all along, and there really wasn't any reason to sign Glennon. Nearly 100% of anyone who follows the NFL thought the Browns would select Myles Garrett. He's the only can't miss guy in the entire draft. So the idea of trading to #2 was still very likely. And since Pace is apparently willing to sweeten a deal, then he wouldn't have had to really worry much.

Right, so youre of the camp that these guys need to be able to predict the future and if they cant fire em and get someone else at GM until you find someone that can predict the future.

And heres whats so funny about that.

First off its a fantasy, no one will ever be able to predict the future.

Secondly, and even funnier, it means YOU are employing the same strategy that Pace is LOL You will keep changing guys until one proves he can predict the future.

So youre actually cool with the strategy, you just think its easier to find someone who can predict the future than to find someone who can play QB.

Let me also suggest that if there was a cant miss QB that professionals could easily see was going to be the guy, he wouldn't have been available at #3, #2 or for any trade. The Browns just would have picked him.

So back here in the real world, Pace is choosing the only strategy that could result in us having a good QB. He's paying the high market price to take legitimate shots at finding an NFL franchise QB. If it's not Trubisky, we will take another shot.

Right, so youre of the camp that these guys need to be able to predict the future and if they cant fire em and get someone else at GM until you find someone that can predict the future.

And heres whats so funny about that.

First off its a fantasy, no one will ever be able to predict the future.

Secondly, and even funnier, it means YOU are employing the same strategy that Pace is LOL YOu will keep changing guys until one proves he can predict the future.

So youre cool witht he strategy, you just think its easier to find someone who can predict the future than to find someone who can play QB.

Let me also suggest that if there was a cant miss QB that professionals could easily see was going to be the guy, he wouldn't have been available at #3, #2 or for any trade. The Browns just would have picked him.

So back here in the real world, Pace is choosing the only strategy that could result in us having a good QB.

No. I'm in the camp of looking at a team, analyzing which positions performed poorly, and improving those positions. You know, trying to improve the team overall.

Based on the Glennon deal and all the talk, QB was already handled.

In the real world, teams are built based upon multiple positions, not just one. And Pace's strategy isn't the only one that "could result in us having a good QB." Think hard, there are several other strategies to accomplish the same goal.

No. I'm in the camp of looking at a team, analyzing which positions performed poorly, and improving those positions. You know, trying to improve the team overall.

Based on the Glennon deal and all the talk, QB was already handled.

In the real world, teams are built based upon multiple positions, not just one. And Pace's strategy isn't the only one that "could result in us having a good QB." Think hard, there are several other strategies to accomplish the same goal.

Got it, your prediction as GM is that Glennon is a better choice for us than Trubisky will be. OK We will see.

Every GM talks about BPA, and you are a pick based on position guy AND devalue the QB position LOL

Pace did the right thing, professional meathead TV and online website analysts will whine about and some fans will join their outrage. Meanwhile, this is what a real GM looks like. We haven't had one in Chicago for a long time. THANK YOU Ernie Accorsi!

I'm a big fan of getting an OT too. Just got home from work, will have to look at how many were taken and why he fell and so on. I'm just got excited we got a QB. OT is the next biggest need always imho because of the importance of the position, then CB, S, WR, and TE.

Got it, your prediction as GM is that Glennon is a better choice for us than Trubisky will be. OK We will see.

Every GM talks about BPA, and you are a pick based on position guy AND devalue the QB position LOL

Pace did the right thing, professional meathead TV and online website analysts will whine about and some fans will join their outrage. Meanwhile, this is what a real GM looks like. We haven't had one in Chicago for a long time. THANK YOU Ernie Accorsi!

I didn't say Trubisky or Glennon would be a better choice for the Bears. I'm stating that the better option is to try out Glennon for his huge first year contract, and make the team stronger otherwise in what amounts to one of the deepest drafts in recent history. Particularly on defense.

If that works out, great. Glennon is the future and the team can build from there.

If that fails badly, then the team is stronger overall because of the pieces picked up in 2017, and can draft a QB in 2018's much better QB class.

Honestly, that's not too difficult to comprehend. And it's the reason 99% of the reaction to the trade and draft selection has been mockery. Pace will need to sustain excellence for a few years with his picks before he's given any sort of leeway or a pass on moves like this. Until that time, his picks are under question just like all the other GMs you guys have defended over the past 20 years. If these guys were that infallible, the Bears would be long-term dominant. Yet each year the picks are questioned by, as you say, "professional meathead TV and online website analysts," and the Bears continue to wallow in misery. Maybe there is a correlation there?

Great. I hope he's still there for us at 2.04

the pick i would like to see is us getting in the 2nd is Fabian Moreau a CB from UCLA. was projected as a 1st or 2nd round pick.

this guy seems to be the pick if you want a cover/shutdown corner which i do way more than i would a RT. he is 6.0' and weighs 204 and get this... at this size the guy runs a 4.36.

here is the description from the USA Today Sports draft paper:

"POS: Functionally big, strong and fast. An above average athlete across the board. Trusts his speed in man coverage. Won't bail from his backpedal early and shows top-tier turn and run movement. Easy acceleration. Can catch up with anyone if he is beaten off the point of attack. Developed footwork and good use of his hands.

CONS: Has a ways to go when it comes to technique development and confidence. His physical play is hot and cold. Seems hesitant at times."

we are supposed to have one of the premier DC and defensive back coaches in the NFL. this guy would be a perfect fit for a shutdown corner we have been looking for.

Since the Bears moved up and invested everything for the Trubisky pick, that signals to me a few things: 1. Pace is staking his job on this pick. 2. Trubisky will be given every possible chance to win the job. 3. Trubisky absolutely will be starting next year, regardless of how well Glennon does. 4. The Bears are embracing the new era approach to the passing game. With all of that said, I don't care who is there with the second pick. If Cam Robinson is available, that's a slam dunk. He was widely considered the #1 OT in the draft just a month or so ago, and there was talk of him going top 15. If he's there in round two, that's incredible value. Remember, Pace is a BPA guy. <_ the bears should do everything they can to ensure future of their franchise qb is successful. talented weapons ol has already been tried. doesn work. if trubisky as good pace thinks he within his power that jersey stays clean. it about time after all guys like wheaton and wright are available every year in fa. last but not least i let this video a little more speaking for me. robinson makes sense world right now.>

Cam is the guy I want too. We have 3 teams ahead of us that can use a OT. GB, SEA, and JAX. The reason Cam dropped is because of his feet, they are not up to speed with his body and he gets knocked off of them quite a bit. I see one RB going to GB/JAX and maybe a QB going in a trade, so it is possible we can take him

(I want Cam, but if we get a good trade down offer, I think we need that to regain picks.)

Today you and I are in lock step! Cam Robinson! please be at 36!

Agreed completely. But why is he still there? I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd went in the top 10. I'm just saying that we there's a reason why nobody drafted him. Teams don't pass on LT.

If these guys were that infallible, the Bears would be long-term dominant. Yet each year the picks are questioned by, as you say, "professional meathead TV and online website analysts," and the Bears continue to wallow in misery. Maybe there is a correlation there?

So the failure of other GMs is a predictor of Pace? But the internet is smarter?

A lot of people thought Leaf was good too. We'll see.