First preseason game tonight

BearFan2000

What are some things you'll be looking for in tonight's game. Hard to believer the preseason is upon us and soon the regular season will be too. I'm hoping my local stations pick up the game. I don't get NFL network.

My top item is one I'll have to wait for. I want to see how Trubisky does. I'll be watching how smooth the center QB exchange is and how well he's transitioning from primarily shot gun in college to being under center here. Also how smooth are his drops, his footwork, pocket presence, and accuracy both deep and short. After Mr Butt Fumble, he'll probably look like a breath of fresh air lol. Not sure how much he'll play before Shaw goes in. I'd give him plenty of burn.

Kevin White, want to see what he has and can bring to the table after missing practically his first two seasons. He could be a sneaky breakout. He hasn't been on the field in game action much but he has had time to absorb the playbook, be in meetings, and learn the mental part of the game. I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to show he was worth a 7 overall pick in 2015. How well he translates the knowledge onto the playing field in live competition will be the key.

First team defense secondary and the backup secondary. With all the shuffling and new faces it will be interesting to see if this area improved this offseason. On paper it should but want to see it play out. I feel like our D should be improved overall but the secondary is going to be the key. If our CB/NB/Safety play improves a lot (not that the bar there has been set too high), that really helps our front seven who should be a strength of this D as it is.

Want to see how well Mike Glennon runs the #1 offense, it's opening night for his audition for a starting gig somewhere once Trubisky takes over. He's going to be pumped and will want to show well, and prove he's worth the money we're paying him as a rent-a-starter. I have a feeling he's going to look fine. Not sure where to set my expectations but, I'm cautiously optimistic about him and Trubisky.

I will also be reminding myself this is preseason game 1. There will be a certain level of sloppiness expected, especially as players start to sub in. But it's still football, more importantly it's Bears football!

I expect to look poor. IT's what we've seen from Fox's pre-season teams since he's arrived.

That said, the obvious as you mention is watching Trubisky. He should have the 2nd half to show off I'd assume. I fear his line and WR's could be crummy for that, thus making him look worse than he should. But, great players rise above. Maybe Gentry might help...as he's also a guys I'd like to see something from.

I'm just interested in seeing what the rooks do. Shaheen. Stevenson at FB (Hey, I'm old and like FB's!), Jackson in the secondary... On D, I just want to see guys make not greivous error. I expect Fangio will not do anything special. Just run of the mill vanilla.

What are some things you'll be looking for in tonight's game. Hard to believer the preseason is upon us and soon the regular season will be too. I'm hoping my local stations pick up the game. I don't get NFL network.

My top item is one I'll have to wait for. I want to see how Trubisky does. I'll be watching how smooth the center QB exchange is and how well he's transitioning from primarily shot gun in college to being under center here. Also how smooth are his drops, his footwork, pocket presence, and accuracy both deep and short. After Mr Butt Fumble, he'll probably look like a breath of fresh air lol. Not sure how much he'll play before Shaw goes in. I'd give him plenty of burn.

Kevin White, want to see what he has and can bring to the table after missing practically his first two seasons. He could be a sneaky breakout. He hasn't been on the field in game action much but he has had time to absorb the playbook, be in meetings, and learn the mental part of the game. I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to show he was worth a 7 overall pick in 2015. How well he translates the knowledge onto the playing field in live competition will be the key.

First team defense secondary and the backup secondary. With all the shuffling and new faces it will be interesting to see if this area improved this offseason. On paper it should but want to see it play out. I feel like our D should be improved overall but the secondary is going to be the key. If our CB/NB/Safety play improves a lot (not that the bar there has been set too high), that really helps our front seven who should be a strength of this D as it is.

Want to see how well Mike Glennon runs the #1 offense, it's opening night for his audition for a starting gig somewhere once Trubisky takes over. He's going to be pumped and will want to show well, and prove he's worth the money we're paying him as a rent-a-starter. I have a feeling he's going to look fine. Not sure where to set my expectations but, I'm cautiously optimistic about him and Trubisky.

I will also be reminding myself this is preseason game 1. There will be a certain level of sloppiness expected, especially as players start to sub in. But it's still football, more importantly it's Bears football!

There was a Q&A on the team website stating Glennon's preseason stats from the past 2 years which were, quite frankly, depressing as hell. That being said, one cannot go by preseason stats much as they can be entirely misleading for many reasons.

Last summer in preseason action Mike Glennon completed 21 of 45 passes for 215 yards with one touchdown, one interception and a 59.0 passer rating for the Buccaneers.

In 2015, he connected on 37 of 66 passes for 432 yards with two TDs, two interceptions and a 73.5 rating.

Glennon looks terrible. 2-8, 20 yds, 1 INT (for Pick-6) and some really bad throws. On the move, he put it at the feet of Miller on a ten yard throw. On his 2nd completion, he actually threw behind Wright who made the catch. Even his first completion wasn't anything impressive, as he hit a stationary Sims 4 yards away.

Trubisky leads team on 12 play, 75 yard drive which results in a Cunningham rushing TD. Trubsiky now 9-9 for 74 yards, 1 TD, and a 12 yard run for a 1st Down.

He seems really comfortable in the pocket, felt backside pressure (anti-Cutler), and has been very decisive and accurate with the ball.

It is hard to temper the excitement, but you can see the entire team have a different attitude when Trubisky is in there. The defense was even excited watching the drive.

I am watching on NFL Game Pass and it is the Broncos feed (ugh), but it is funny to hear them say it is hard to watch Trubisky move effortlessly down the field while Lynch struggles.

Also remember the defense has only allowed 3 pts and stopped Denver on a 4th down for a turnover on downs. The defense quietly having a terrific game. Run defense has been stout.

I dont think Denver has over 100 yards total offense thru 3quarters. I gotta watch the game here in CO with bias bronco commentators. Broncos tried to make their uniforms look like ours a few years ago, but they look like roller derby uniforms.

It's hard not to come away extremely impressed with trubisky. And while it's just 1 preseason game it's hard to think if trubisky and Glennon have repeat performances how much long will it take fox to pull the string and put trubisky in. After all fox being on the hotseat can't just sit back and let the team continue to lose if Glennon continues to look like cutler