Calvin Pryor Available

DGBears

Browns Release Pryor

I know many people here had interest in him at draft time. Is he worth a look? Is Jackson enough promise to not think about it? In my opinion, we have had such a hole at that position that you could never have enough competition. However, this guy couldnt stick with the Jets and Browns so that is a glaring sign haha

No way Pace and Fox are bringing in a guy who was cut for fighting with his teammate. They've already worked through the Kyle Long issue. On top of that I think our starting safeties are good. Jackson has impressed me throughout the preseason. Demps knows where he needs to be and will help organize the DBs before the snap. Amos is a good versatile backup and can fit in on special teams. The biggest question mark is Deon Bush.

No way Pace and Fox are bringing in a guy who was cut for fighting with his teammate. They've already worked through the Kyle Long issue. On top of that I think our starting safeties are good. Jackson has impressed me throughout the preseason. Demps knows where he needs to be and will help organize the DBs before the snap. Amos is a good versatile backup and can fit in on special teams. The biggest question mark is Deon Bush.

Two teams got rid of him, not a good look on a resume. PFF had him listed out of the top 50 Safeties.

I'm normally all on board signing troubled players. Incentive based deals for guys like this have no risk. He screws up again, he's off the team and likely out of the NFL.

Having said that, pass. He's just an undisciplined, in the box safety. He's nothing more than a glorified, undersized linebacker. Guys like that come a dime a dozen. If he was more known for pass coverage and versatility, then maybe.