Zach Miller's Message

AZ54

Classy dude.

I've always liked Zach Miller. His potential is great. I'd say he could be in the top of the league if he could have ever stayed healthy. He's the primary reason why I've long hated the search for so many tight ends, and why the offseason acquisition of Dion Sims and drafting of Adam Shaheen made no sense. Sure, it worked out, but you never go into the season thinking, "Well, that dude will go IR midway through the season."

Having said that, his contract is up at the end of the year, and regardless of his comeback efforts, he should be done as a Chicago Bear. It's time to fully invest in Sims and Shaheen.

Miller was extremely talented but could not stay healthy. The Bears knew this and that is why they signed Sims and drafted Shaheen. Great guy but he is done in the NFL. However, he was a regular guest on the SCORE this fall and is very charismatic and well spoken. He would be a terrific analyst.

Peace :dabears

Classy dude.

I've always liked Zach Miller. His potential is great. I'd say he could be in the top of the league if he could have ever stayed healthy. He's the primary reason why I've long hated the search for so many tight ends, and why the offseason acquisition of Dion Sims and drafting of Adam Shaheen made no sense. Sure, it worked out, but you never go into the season thinking, "Well, that dude will go IR midway through the season."

Having said that, his contract is up at the end of the year, and regardless of his comeback efforts, he should be done as a Chicago Bear. It's time to fully invest in Sims and Shaheen.

OMG...the Bears needed to invest in the position because Miller had proven he was going to be on IR. Maybe we should ignore the fact that White is always on IR again next year too....

OMG...the Bears needed to invest in the position because Miller had proven he was going to be on IR. Maybe we should ignore the fact that White is always on IR again next year too....

OMG all you want. But they had developmental TEs in Braunecker and Pruitt. If they needed depth they should have drafted Shaheen only. If they were worried about having a guy who could step in week 1 if Miller went down after the fourth preseason game, then they should have gone with Sims. They didn't need both.

Miller was extremely talented but could not stay healthy. The Bears knew this and that is why they signed Sims and drafted Shaheen. Great guy but he is done in the NFL. However, he was a regular guest on the SCORE this fall and is very charismatic and well spoken. He would be a terrific analyst.

Peace :dabears

Great points. Hope it works out for him. I'm sure his work ethic will lead to success in whatevr. But I'd say football is not for him moving foward. Its a shame, cause he has talent.