Interesting Quote from Loggains on Wideouts

DABEARSDABOMB

Since Sunday’s blowout, Fox and offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains each attributed part of quarterback Mitch Trubisky’s inaccuracy to sloppy route running.

“The thing that was most disappointing for me in the passing game is the uncontested, outside-the-number throws,” Loggains said. “To be completely honest, a lot of it wasn’t on him.

“When it’s the depth — when you’ve got to run a 10-yard route and you run it at 8, it’s going look bad. It’s going to look like the ball sprang and it’s inaccurate, but he was going to the right spot with the ball.”

Saw this quote in an article from Loggains. Makes you wonder how inaccurate Trubisky was (vs. just how bad / sloppy the wideouts were). Should be no shock that McBride is gone. I still think Mitch was inaccurate, but those are the things that are always hard to tell as a fan.

Saw this quote in an article from Loggains. Makes you wonder how inaccurate Trubisky was (vs. just how bad / sloppy the wideouts were). Should be no shock that McBride is gone. I still think Mitch was inaccurate, but those are the things that are always hard to tell as a fan.

You cant really know how good, great or bad Mitch is going to be with this group of WR's.....Funny thing, Pace is said to be firing Fox and Co while Pace is the one who provided this group of WR's.

It definitely doesn't help but trubisky was clearly off as well. His mechanics were shit this past week. I can't count how many times he hurried it when he didn't need to. Or how many times he didn't set his feet or even a couple of times you can clearly see his body completely fall off to 1 side while trying to throw causing the throw to be off. That happened on at least 1 of the picks. Can't blame the mechanics on the receivers. And while I think hes done well considering the situation he has a lot to work on and I think he can get there. I won't hide from the fact we have the worst receiving corps I've ever seen in all my years of watching The NFL. Not just in our history. I can't think of a worst group overall

It definitely doesn't help but trubisky was clearly off as well. His mechanics were shit this past week. I can't count how many times he hurried it when he didn't need to. Or how many times he didn't set his feet or even a couple of times you can clearly see his body completely fall off to 1 side while trying to throw causing the throw to be off. That happened on at least 1 of the picks. Can't blame the mechanics on the receivers. And while I think hes done well considering the situation he has a lot to work on and I think he can get there. I won't hide from the fact we have the worst receiving corps I've ever seen in all my years of watching The NFL. Not just in our history. I can't think of a worst group overall

I completely agree with you that his footwork has been mediocre to bad (that has been consistent all year) and it has definitely impacted his accuracy. I haven't seen this Bears staff make a lot of excuses for Trubisky though (they've told him publicly he needs to be better and he's never shied away from that fact either) so I think there was some merit to the comment. This was by far his least accurate game of his career.

I've long said we won't be able to evaluate him until he has gotten comfortable running the offense and is able to decently read defenses. Right now everything is still moving too quickly and with that his timing is going to be off and naturally that will impact his footwork, etc. How well he can read defenses, etc, is a whole nother story. The nice thing is I've seen him throw guys open more the past couple weeks then the first few weeks and he has also gone through multiple reads quicker, etc. Very positive signs. I actually look forward to the next couple weeks where we should be in competitive games to see if we see more growth.

And yes...I fully agree with your assessment of the wideout position.

Agreed !00% especially the fact that this is the worst WR core I have ever seen in my 40+ years of watching football.

Peace :dabears