Players released

bowlingtwig

I think they are trying to establish youth going forward that can grow with the maturation of MT.It is not good to try to establish continuity with a player you will have to replace in one year that has missed games 2 years in a row. Let's see what their plan is before we bitch. They already have one question mark with Long, not good to have to replace 2 if injured.

How many years in a row has someone said "let's see what their plan is before complaining," only to see the plan unfold and produce nothing? I'd say Bears fans have a right to question just about every personnel and coaching move until the front office proves us wrong. They've produced horribly.

I don't like creating more holes before others are fixed either. If anything, we know Sitton is an above average vet who can get the job done. Is his body breaking down, of course but look at our squad of Long, Kush, and Morgan who all missed more games last season and we are banking on them. It seems like Pace knows he bought himself at least 2 more years and can allow youth/inexperience to grow into these spots. One thing he has done is put out a notice that if you want Nelson, you better trade up.

Good point! That's awesome. I hadn't even considered the trade up for an OG. Seems unlikely, but opening up a glaring hole at OG certainly gives the outward appearance that the Bears may be selecting an OG.

With the QB fervor and now the "will they draft an OG at 8?"-question, I'll be more disappointed than ever if the Bears don't trade down. This is the perfect situation and the perfect draft for it.

How many years in a row has someone said "let's see what their plan is before complaining," only to see the plan unfold and produce nothing? I'd say Bears fans have a right to question just about every personnel and coaching move until the front office proves us wrong. They've produced horribly.

I was ok with letting Sitton go however you are dead on about how often over the past 10 yrs we make a move and the front office either does nothing to fix the hole they just created or there plans goes up in flames. I think most of us know this roster has so many holes that is literally impossible to fix in 1 off-season. And personally I'm do sick of hearing about how Morgan will fix things when for starters he didn't play at all because of injuries and 2nd of all most experts believe he's nothing more than a nice rotational back up. Not some 10 yr starter

I don't really like getting Guards, DT's, S, or Centers with a top 10 pick. There are exceptions, and maybe this guy is.

My hope, like yours, is trade down and get more picks...we have too many holes.

Good point! That's awesome. I hadn't even considered the trade up for an OG. Seems unlikely, but opening up a glaring hole at OG certainly gives the outward appearance that the Bears may be selecting an OG.

With the QB fervor and now the "will they draft an OG at 8?"-question, I'll be more disappointed than ever if the Bears don't trade down. This is the perfect situation and the perfect draft for it.

You might as well just start the fire Pace post. Last year Pace drafted well but failed in FA. I like that we may have a QB and that the coaching hires could be great but we just don't know yet how it will turn out. We have no choice but to wait and see what happens and yes you have every right to bitch about anything. Your real good at that. I remain an optimist because I have no choice. Until it blows up again or gets better, I want this team to be a winner. We will have plenty of time to complain when it fails. With a QB and coaching staff, it makes me think it's going to get better.

You might as well just start the fire Pace post. Last year Pace drafted well but failed in FA. I like that we may have a QB and that the coaching hires could be great but we just don't know yet how it will turn out. We have no choice but to wait and see what happens and yes you have every right to bitch about anything. Your real good at that. I remain an optimist because I have no choice. Until it blows up again or gets better, I want this team to be a winner. We will have plenty of time to complain when it fails. With a QB and coaching staff, it makes me think it's going to get better.

It'd be different if they were good at their jobs. The front office personnel for the Bears have been ridiculously bad for quite some time. Angelo knew money at least. Otherwise, the Bears have been one of the worst two or three drafting teams in the NFL. I saw a chart last year or the year before that they had the lowest percentage of home grown talent in the NFL.

Pace has been hit or miss drafting, but at least I like his style. He's not playing it safe by any means.