Crazy Stat

adam

Bears scoring differential for the first 3 quarters: 30-6

In the 4th quarter: 17-35

So the team has allowed only 6 points in the first 3 quarters of the first two games (literally averaging 1 point allowed per quarter), but is giving up an average of 17.5 in the 4th quarter. So opponent's offenses in the 4th quarter (17.5) outscore our offense for the entire game (16.5). I just didn't realize how dominant our defense has been. GB didn't score a TD until after the 1st minute in the 4th and Seattle scored one 5 minutes in. Some of this can be contributed to conditioning, etc, but I didn't like the Prevent defense Fangio called on Seattle's 99-yard TD drive on MNF. Just play the same defense that got you there. However, looking at it overall, that is a pretty amazing run. 

So were any of you guys aware that we were that dominant for that long of both games? I didn't even realize it watching the Seattle game. 

16 hours ago, adam said:

Bears scoring differential for the first 3 quarters: 30-6

In the 4th quarter: 17-35

So the team has allowed only 6 points in the first 3 quarters of the first two games (literally averaging 1 point allowed per quarter), but is giving up an average of 17.5 in the 4th quarter. So opponent's offenses in the 4th quarter (17.5) outscore our offense for the entire game (16.5). I just didn't realize how dominant our defense has been. GB didn't score a TD until after the 1st minute in the 4th and Seattle scored one 5 minutes in. Some of this can be contributed to conditioning, etc, but I didn't like the Prevent defense Fangio called on Seattle's 99-yard TD drive on MNF. Just play the same defense that got you there. However, looking at it overall, that is a pretty amazing run. 

So were any of you guys aware that we were that dominant for that long of both games? I didn't even realize it watching the Seattle game. 

This defense isn't close to its zenith.  With Mack being so new we've been largely straight up in rushing scheme.  They mixed it up a bit last week and I expect more this week, especially with a static QB.  Add in Roquan Smith and stir.  

3 hours ago, bowlingtwig said:

Don't we normally on weekly basis considering the last time he lasted a full season was his 3rd season lol. 

Sure, but as bad as he has been (an immobile) with Mack and Co. having another week to get in shape and prepare could be ugly for old Sammy.