James Daniel's

ASHKUM BEAR

Just curious on the thought of moving Daniel's back to center.  I think that is were he flourishes, if he can overcome the mental aspects.  I would feel better about it if the Bears can have a probowler like Warford on his right, but just read those talks are off.  Still thought it would be worth considering.  It is a difficult thought since it didn't work the first attempt, so do they scrap that idea? As a guard, he is not strong enough. At center, he wasn't ready to make the reads and calls.  The organization is at a win at all costs point to save their jobs. What do they do?

I can see the concerns but he will get reps regardless just so he can slide over if Whitehair goes down.  It will be something to watch once they are allowed to practice, which I have a feeling they will be moving out of state to do.  They might keep them slated in the same positions for now, but imo the unit would better be suited with the switch.  

I think I seen where Nagy stated that they were staying put. They changed them last because of Cowards newness.  They wanted a vet next to Coward to help his placement.  This yr there will be  a new body there so they will deal with it the same way. Another thing was Daniels was having problems making line calls.  A few yrs in this alignment probably means that won't change going forward. If your good, I don't see where it makes much difference.  They both have flexibility for both positions. If IFEDI ends up being better  than at OT we could have our IOL set for a few yrs, then Coward can go back to RT backup, Spriggs at LT and Bars flexible to play all the spots. 

25 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I think I seen where Nagy stated that they were staying put. They changed them last because of Cowards newness.  They wanted a vet next to Coward to help his placement.  This yr there will be  a new body there so they will deal with it the same way. Another thing was Daniels was having problems making line calls.  A few yrs in this alignment probably means that won't change going forward. If your good, I don't see where it makes much difference.  They both have flexibility for both positions. If IFEDI ends up being better  than at OT we could have our IOL set for a few yrs, then Coward can go back to RT backup, Spriggs at LT and Bars flexible to play all the spots. 

At least he is a bright spot at either.  Olin Kreutz thinks he can be an all-star LG.  He also thinks he can be an All-Pro at C.  That is the reason I wonder if they will take another shot, but this year, like many Bears years are not the time to experiment. They are always against the line to produce