Bears reach an agreement with...

ASHKUM BEAR

6 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Bears reach a 3 year deal with RB Tarik Cohen. Averages to 5.75 per year.  Shows they moved on from AR for the time being.  

My only assumption is they wanted to get some of these smaller deals out of the way to figure out what they can actually pay ARob. Now with Cohen locked up, I think ARob is next. 

Current starters who are UFA after this season:

Starters:
ARob - 15M
Trubisky - 9.2M
Patterson - 5.75M
RRH - 3.25M
O'Donnell - 1.85M
Gipson - 1M
Ifedi - 887K
Scales - 887K

Subs making over 1M:
Harris - 1.65M
Bush - 1M

Trubisky currently makes $9.2M, so his contract status is going to be a huge determining factor. Fuller (8.5M), Jackson (7.4M), Quinn (8.6M), Goldman (4.6M) and Whitehair (5.4M) all get big raises next season in the tune of 32.5M. Prime cuts are Hicks (10.5M savings, Graham 7M, Leno 6.2M, Massie 5.4M), which accounts for most of the raises. Then you have Trubisky who currently has a $9.2M cap hit. 

So to me, it comes down to keeping Trubisky or ARob, you cannot keep both. Trubisky as a starter is going to cost +20M, that is Arob + Trubisky now.  Arob wants 20M. So that is likely the decision. 

Another huge factor is revenue, with empty stadiums, the cap may hit the floor of 175M next year. That's +20M less than this year. That money has to come from someone's current cap hit. There is a chance both Trubisky AND ARob are gone, freeing up $25M from this year's cap.

On 9/19/2020 at 11:46 PM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Bears reach a 3 year deal with RB Tarik Cohen. Averages to 5.75 per year.  Shows they moved on from AR for the time being.  

Rumor was they were working to reach a deal with Cohen and Arob before the game - were able to get 1 done but don't know that it means they aren't working pretty quickly on Arob.  I have a feeling we see Arob get paid this week.  

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Rumor was they were working to reach a deal with Cohen and Arob before the game - were able to get 1 done but don't know that it means they aren't working pretty quickly on Arob.  I have a feeling we see Arob get paid this week.  

Let's hope so that drama can be put to rest. 

16 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I seen on twitter where someone said they have agreed to a deal, 4 yr 75 mil and it would be announced sometime this week. I would say false since I never seen anyone else mention it.

There is this:

If Cohen actually did this and it gets ARob extended, huge kudos to him.

31 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

It was not Jason Lieser, but that reported the AROB extension, but i can see the Bears and his agent in talks since they did the Cohen contract. 

Oh I know, I just saw that and thought it was interesting related to ARob's extension talks.