Bears @ Panthers - Week 6 - Official Game Thread - 10/18, Bears -2.5, 12:00 PM CT, FOX

adam

The Bears started -3, but the line quickly moved to -2.5. I bet there is a lot of money pouring in on the Bears and the line may even be less by gametime. I am pissed I missed -3.

The Bears are road dogs against a team without their star player in McCaffrey. Mike Davis has filled in nicely and they have had a balanced attack with him as the RB. Bridgewater looks solid but they are limited to Anderson, Moore, Samuel, and Davis for all their offense. Davis has 21 receptions and 30 targets in 4 games. If the Bears can slow him down and take away some of those dump-offs, the Panthers will be one dimensional and that will favor our defense. 

The Panthers are 3-0 when they allow 21 or less. The Bears are 4-0 when they score 17 or more. So this is going to be another close game. I am going with Bears 24-16 with the Bears getting a late FG. Our defense has been stingy on TDs, so I only see CAR getting one with a few FGs. Foles will flip the switch and get 3 TDs and 1 FG. 

The Panthers only have 2 sacks and their D-Line is not elite like we have seen the last few weeks. This favors the Bears. Their best players on defense are Chinn (rookie Safety that we should have), Shaq Thompson (LB) and Donte Jackson (CB). 

Against ATL, they scored 20 straight pts in basically a quarter of play before the half, then just held ATL to 3 FGs in the 2nd half. Robinson should have a big day as Calvin Ridley had 8-136 and Gurley had 14-121 on the ground. So expect a very strong day from Montgomery.

The more I look at this game, I feel like the only way we lose if we have multiple turnovers or a ton of penalties. 

Will Lamar Miller be activated for this game?

This is a pretty big game as we are directly competing with Carolina for a potential wild card spot. If the season ended today, we would be WC2 behind LAR. There are 3 teams at 3-2, TB (we have tiebreaker), CAR and ARZ. NO is 3-2 but is a division leader. 

The Rams are playing SF, Arizona is playing Dallas, and TB is playing GB. So we have a chance to pad our playoff status with a win but a loss could put us outside looking in at 4-2, which would suck. 

62% of the bets coming in are taking the Bears +2.5. I know that doesn't mean much, but there is more confidence out there, at least among bettors. 

47 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

The Panthers are horrible against the run. Run the damn ball 30+ times in this game. 

Peace

Yep, worst or close to worst in the league, depending on the metric used. If we can't run the ball against them, you might as well pass 50 times a game for the remainder of the season. 

Great first defensive drive, pressure and then an INT which leads to an easy TD drive and Kmet's first TD catch. 

On the 2nd drive, the Panthers move down the field easily with these deep slants that seem wide open. However, the defense tightens up and forces a FG after 1st and Goal. That was a great stop. Bears up 7-3 early. 

Now let's see how the offense responds with a normal drive.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

First three picks in the next draft oline 

Yeah for sure. Leno needs to go. He has been terrible since signing that big contract.  Coward has actually played decent for switching from the right side. Supposedly this is not easy (compared to skateboarding with the opposite foot forward). 

2 minutes ago, adam said:

He had the first down just by lunging forward, but instead bouncing backwards

You see that a lot with players, ARob has a tendency to do that too sometimes especially in the slot.  But I’m never a fan when they do.  Still...Miller needs to be playing smarter ALL the time.  Mooney is outshining him already.  

Did you know Davis bought the entire Bears team a leather jacket with Bears on it last year?  Keep hearing former Chicago Bear and I'm like did he even play? 

Carolina is wearing the D down, it will show late in the game.  Need to take the run out early to get them to change play calling.

22 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah for sure. Leno needs to go. He has been terrible since signing that big contract.  Coward has actually played decent for switching from the right side. Supposedly this is not easy (compared to skateboarding with the opposite foot forward). 

Jim Finks had always said it all starts up front and he desired to get the best lines on both sides of the ball. Maybe the decisions on individual players didn’t work out but I believe in that philosophy 

Refs keeping the Panthers in it.  No DPI against ARob, but that hit by Fuller is a penalty? It's football, the dude lowered his head, if anything it's an offensive penalty for leading with the helmet, what is Fuller supposed to do there? I am sick of these officials. 

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Refs keeping the Panthers in it.  No DPI against ARob, but that hit by Fuller is a penalty? It's football, the dude lowered his head, if anything it's an offensive penalty for leading with the helmet, what is Fuller supposed to do there? I am sick of these officials. 

Im with you.  Looked almost identical to the game last week where he forces the turnover.  Not sure what else Fuller is supposed to do?  Avoid the tackle?  Everything he did was pretty much text book.  

• adam unfeatured this topic