Le’Veon Bell

Alaskan Grizzly

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Released by the Jets.  Should the Bears?  My only question is how would a move like this affect money that ARob should be getting?  Personally I’d rather see what Miller has to offer. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/14/leveon-bell-jets-contract-lasting-impact

He would not cost much since he is already getting paid a ton by the Jets. I would assume it would be only a 1 year deal for the remainder of this year.

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Released by the Jets.  Should the Bears?  My only question is how would a move like this affect money that ARob should be getting?  Personally I’d rather see what Miller has to offer. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/14/leveon-bell-jets-contract-lasting-impact

Miller is 26 and in his 4th year, he is who he is. At best a WR2, but more than likely a WR3. He shows flashes but lacks consistency. He is not a WR1 for sure. 

ARob is 27, just a year older than Miller, but look at the career production. ARob's best year is better than Miller's entire career. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

Miller is 26 and in his 4th year, he is who he is. At best a WR2, but more than likely a WR3. He shows flashes but lacks consistency. He is not a WR1 for sure. 

ARob is 27, just a year older than Miller, but look at the career production. ARob's best year is better than Miller's entire career. 

Sorry, wrong Miller.  I meant Lamar Miller. 

But now that you mention it, interesting facts about ARob and WR Miller.  I didn’t realize they were so close in age.  Way easy choice there; pay ARob (and now) and let WR Miller go...(I know itS not that easy...just sayin).  

2 hours ago, adam said:

He would not cost much since he is already getting paid a ton by the Jets. I would assume it would be only a 1 year deal for the remainder of this year.

There was something about an injury clause in the neighborhood of $6million.  But yes the remainder of his contract (or most of it) would remain the Jets responsibility.  

15 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Sorry, wrong Miller.  I meant Lamar Miller. 

But now that you mention it, interesting facts about ARob and WR Miller.  I didn’t realize they were so close in age.  Way easy choice there; pay ARob (and now) and let WR Miller go...(I know itS not that easy...just sayin).  

My bad, yeah, I would like to see what Miller can do. He carries way less drama and baggage. The only unknown I guess is Miller's health. 

Two different topics but here are my thoughts:

- ARob over A Miller. We can let Miller go after next season if he doesn't break thru. We have Wims, Ridley and Mooney ready to step up. ARob is a #1 receiver in the league that doesn't have the baggage like Brandon Marshall and can stay on the field unlike Alshon J. Pay him. 

- Lamar Miller over Le'Veon Bell. Bell's gonna want the rock and will bitch when he doesn't get it. We do not need the baggage. 

Peace

I would have loved to seen Bell as a Bear, but it’s just not realistic. The line is horrible, and the coach isn’t much help either. Bell looked like he still had it on runs he lost yards, but the jets line is comparable to the Bears and a guys calling plays that doesn’t understand the run game. The long term money would have better spent on the offensive line in the future