This Is What Pace Tells McCaskey

BearFan PHX

On 3/7/2021 at 6:50 PM, Bill said:

I don't know if breaking the bank for a franchise QB would be worse than what we have been doing for the last 100 years.  But maybe it's time to just find out.  Not my first choice, but what the freak.  I'm tired of what if we had?

We already know how this story plays out, we get a very good competent QB and then the Bears do to insert name [ Russell Wilson] that they did when they got Jay Cutler. Which is be all in on a QB but have no offensive line and offensive weapons while having the majority of the resources allocated to the defense side of the ball.  

To me I think its more risky of getting fired if Pace makes a major trade for Russell Wilson or another stud QB,  because if it fails in 2021 there is very little doubt that Pace would be fired as is Nagy if he some how can’t give up play calling.

If Pace and Nagy want to be given more time with the Bears in my opinion it’s more logical to trade up and draft a top 5 QB that way they can sell to ownership and fan base that they just need more time now that they got their QB!

With so many teams in cap hell and really good players being released , we could probably grab a few of those players on cheap contracts and upgrade the overall talent of this team. If we only had to give up 3 first round players, it would be stupid not to grab Wilson(wont happen). You figure one of those picks would be a QB,(just traded for one) so you are basically giving up 2 first round picks. We absolutely would be playoff bound. This roster has a lot of good talent. We need to upgrade OT (draft)2nd and 3rd. We can get some help in FA at WR and TE. The trade scenario would be a problem if we had to give up young good players. Johnson,. Smith, Nichols? We have to add not tear down.