Bears getting hammered in Media

OmahaBear

8 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

Thanks for that Connor, I dont actually know who it is other than Ted Phillips who is doing it, but wheoever's choice it was to keep Pace and Nagy this year should no longer have those duties. :) I know about Phillips, but I didnt know that George had replaced Mike.

OK just googled. Yes George. I always thought that guy's name was Mike and it was thre same guy. But that guy, the one with the moustache, he should not be making the decisions.

George ran the ticket office until around 2010. I had a run in with him with my season tickets back in 2005. He made me a promise he didn't keep. In fact, he admitted he was breaking his promise because I hadn't been a season ticket long enough. I don't have much love for him or his family. 

Peace

Regarding Dalton my only query would be oh he better, worse or on par with Mitch and if not better would Mitch have signed for £10 M plus 3 M in bonuses. 

I was looking at over the cap and I agree that we are in a hole at the moment and Pace is to blame for this. 

A glaring issue with our cap is Mack and the money spent on the defense. When has signing big money free agents or trading for a player worked out. 

The only thing I can say with Pace is he tried to put together a defense that would make us playoff capable and didn’t factor in a possible cap reduction  

The patriots had a major down turn last year and I think that was accepted by them to sort out their bad cap situation  

22 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

Ive said it before, but it bears repeating. After 1985, the architect of that team, Jim Finks, left to become the GM of the New Orleans Saints. For 20 YEARS thereafter, people like McCaskey ran the Bears like a toy WITHOUT A GM. We were the only team in pro sports that didnt have one, and we didnt have one for 20 years. Do you remember all the draft choices we made that turned into busts? You can thank McCaskey for that.

It is incredible. I love this team, I really want them to be good. I can't believe how much Mike McCaskey has ruined us for 35 years.

actually your dates are a bit out of sinc.

jim finks was instrumental in putting the team together that won the SB (not to mention our first playoff spot since the superbowl era in the 70's with pardee).

in 1974 finks signed with chicago after putting together some pretty good talent as GM in minnesota. he worked as GM in chicago until he left after 1983 after halas forced ditka as head coach on him. as it turns out finks was right. ditka was a STUPID choice as head coach and in my opinion cost us at LEAST 2 more superbowl wins and wasted some of the best talent in the NFL.

jerry vainisi took over as GM in 84. he also was a pretty good evaluator of talent until lil mikey decided his genius should easily bring our franchise to greatness (money greatness for the mccaskey family was more like it). vainisi left in 87 and our suckiness is history.

43 minutes ago, Lucky Luciano said:

actually your dates are a bit out of sinc.

jim finks was instrumental in putting the team together that won the SB (not to mention our first playoff spot since the superbowl era in the 70's with pardee).

in 1974 finks signed with chicago after putting together some pretty good talent as GM in minnesota. he worked as GM in chicago until he left after 1983 after halas forced ditka as head coach on him. as it turns out finks was right. ditka was a STUPID choice as head coach and in my opinion cost us at LEAST 2 more superbowl wins and wasted some of the best talent in the NFL.

jerry vainisi took over as GM in 84. he also was a pretty good evaluator of talent until lil mikey decided his genius should easily bring our franchise to greatness (money greatness for the mccaskey family was more like it). vainisi left in 87 and our suckiness is history.

fair enough, but the point remains, Finks built the 85 team, left, and after that for a long time the McCaskey's made the football decisions without a real GM. Vainisis was there for a couiple of years, but given what happened, one wonders if he really had the reigns.

But all that aside, for a couple decades, the McCakseys were playing GM with the team, and that is flabbergasting. And now these same clowns have apparently given Pace and Nagy on the way OUT the right to trade three first round draft picks. That is a massive failure on the part of George McCaskey, in line with decades of failures.

If you love this team as I do (and Im sure you do) then you know we have spent a literal lifetime watching these jerks kill our chances of being great. They needed to have fired Nagy and Pace already, and giving them the right to mortgage the future to take huge risks to save their own jobs is a horrible conflict.

14 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Because this seems like a good trend of a string.  Imagine being a fan of the Cardinals with Fitzgerald, Hopkins and now Green with a QB sorta like Russell Wilson, but younger?  <sigh>

As of right now Fitzgerald is a free agent.

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

fair enough, but the point remains, Finks built the 85 team, left, and after that for a long time the McCaskey's made the football decisions without a real GM. Vainisis was there for a couiple of years, but given what happened, one wonders if he really had the reigns.

But all that aside, for a couple decades, the McCakseys were playing GM with the team, and that is flabbergasting. And now these same clowns have apparently given Pace and Nagy on the way OUT the right to trade three first round draft picks. That is a massive failure on the part of George McCaskey, in line with decades of failures.

If you love this team as I do (and Im sure you do) then you know we have spent a literal lifetime watching these jerks kill our chances of being great. They needed to have fired Nagy and Pace already, and giving them the right to mortgage the future to take huge risks to save their own jobs is a horrible conflict.

i agree with you totally. once mike mccaskey, the self proclaimed genius, took over the helm it was way worse.

that said, george halas was no genius either in the latter part of his life. his concerns were motivated by profit first. certainly from the 1960's forward. muggs halas was the shining light future of the franchise. unfortunately he died young and we ended up with what we have.

When Jim Finks is brought up I can only think about him going out with a bang in his last draft 83 which was the cornerstone draft of that 85 team. Covert, Gault,Thayer, Duerson,Bortz and Dent. 2 HOF plus 3 Pro Bowlers.

If I remember correctly Jim Finks got ushered out and had a year or 2 in the Cubs front office then to New Orleans for a couple of years then the league office. Vanisi was a Ditka ally and would side with the coach in personnel matters which was not to Mike McCaskey's liking so he was eventually forced out and then Mikey started putting his 2 cents in on personnel leading to Jim Harbaugh being a first round pick for the team in 87. 88 Brad Muster and Wendell Davis, 89 Trace Armstrong and Donnell Woolford and then 90 the infamous pick of Mark Carrier who Mikey secretly negotiated a contract with the prospect before drafting him thus changing some of the rules to the draft in the years following.