I've never have had this as a Bears fan

Bill

Whether you like PFF or not , their info allows you some measures. Since PFF starting keeping track  of deep throwing of QBs, Fields has the highest rating EVER in this stat. Not PFF but another body on testing,  Fields ( not wonderlic) has the highest rating EVER on a QBs rating for being the smartest QB coming out of college. We have a special player and he will prove himself going forward, get ready for a fun ride along the way as Fields develops into a great QB.

22 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Whether you like PFF or not , their info allows you some measures. Since PFF starting keeping track  of deep throwing of QBs, Fields has the highest rating EVER in this stat. Not PFF but another body on testing,  Fields ( not wonderlic) has the highest rating EVER on a QBs rating for being the smartest QB coming out of college. We have a special player and he will prove himself going forward, get ready for a fun ride along the way as Fields develops into a great QB.

He also had back-to-back seasons with a QBR over 90.  Trevor Lawrence never even hit 88. 90 is considered elite production. The only other QB to ever have back to back seasons over 90 was Mayfield. It is interesting to note that both QBs transferred to new schools. The main difference is Fields is coming out as a Junior, and still scored that high on the tests you are talking about. Which makes it even crazier that he scored that high.

22 hours ago, Bill said:

Bill, Bears fans have been waiting their entire lives for a QB like this. He may end up as a bust, but for the first time in a long time, the team drafted a QB that the fanbase wanted. I don't think most fans wanted Trubisky, or Grossman, or McNown. Harbaugh was probably the last QB that the fans liked (but Dikta didn't lol). So it has been a long time. Now you have other team's fanbases complaining about passing on Fields. It is such an foreign position to be in as Bears fans, and I love it.

I am praying he works out and is our long term answer at QB for the next 20 years, that would be incredible. If he is that good, we will be in the SB hunt every year.