Off the Radar Draft Prospects

AZ54

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10064870-8-prospects-who-should-hear-names-called-during-2023-nfl-draft-after-combine-snubs

Good article about some players who will not be getting any press coverage in the next few weeks since they won't be at the combine.  Watching what I could find on them, just two stood out to me as players we should have on our board for Day 3.    

DL Kobie Turner.   He can get penetration as shown in the game against Clemson.  Among other plays you see him chasing down plays 10yds downfield and causing a fumble so he should be a fit for Eberflus HITS ethos.  He's not fast but has a bit of quickness.   There just not a lot of highlights so   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IivMa1VRhHw

TE Daniel Barker.    If you are looking for a pass catching TE he seems to fit the bill very well.  He hasn't had much production in college and BR associates that to his choice of schools.  I always wonder too if that's a result of poor work ethic/discipline but the video of his time at Mich St he seems focused on what he needs to do to get to the NFL.  Since he played at Illinois maybe someone here has more input.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3CrxpyY3s

41 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Last years NFL rosters were 1/3 UDFAs. Most on that list will be late round picks but everyone of them will be signed to contracts. Diabrate and Mapu are interesting prospects.

Upside players are nice to have on the practice squad and these guys may well end up there.  Given the massive gaps on this roster I'm more focused now on finding players who can contribute this year.  Trying to find some day 3 gems.  

46 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Upside players are nice to have on the practice squad and these guys may well end up there.  Given the massive gaps on this roster I'm more focused now on finding players who can contribute this year.  Trying to find some day 3 gems.  

Something Adam brought up before is when vets get released after FAgency, we are first on the waiver wire to pick up players .  There should be a few gems there. I think Poles and Cunningham have the KC-Eagles heritage and will  do a good job to upgrade the roster. So many places to add talent.

I seen where (PFF grading?) had Jones ranked 20 out of 84 OTs. Jenkins was ranked 3 out of 68 OGs We have a solid foundation to rebuild the OL in Free agency.

Impatiently waiting for free agency to start. 

On 2/11/2023 at 9:46 PM, Stinger226 said:

Something Adam brought up before is when vets get released after FAgency, we are first on the waiver wire to pick up players .  There should be a few gems there. I think Poles and Cunningham have the KC-Eagles heritage and will  do a good job to upgrade the roster. So many places to add talent.

I seen where (PFF grading?) had Jones ranked 20 out of 84 OTs. Jenkins was ranked 3 out of 68 OGs We have a solid foundation to rebuild the OL in Free agency.

Impatiently waiting for free agency to start. 

If vets get released after FA they are free to go wherever they feel they fit. The only players the Bears could claim are those placed on waivers like with Leatherwood. this is why they had to assume his contract. As you can see Pole is not afraid to do this.