NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

AZ54

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm thinking back to something AZ54 said, that heard adding a young center to a young OL may not be the best option.  Definitely look for C to be upgraded before the 24 season.

That was me quoting Greg Gabriel who has said this multiple times on his Barroom Sports videos on Youtube.  FWIW in the post draft one he seemed higher on Kramer than I was expecting, said he compared favorably to many of the day 3 prospects we were talking about.  If the organization feels the same way it would explain ignoring C in the draft.  

In that video I referenced above I noticed one things about Dexter:   He's often slow off the snap and Gabriel was discussing that concern while they ran numerous highlights in the background.   Poles talked about his defensive assignment at Florida being part of the problem.   

As I watched some of the video clips at times you could see Dexter was the last one off the line, other times he was late along with 1 or even 2 other DTs.  It was odd for me to see an entire 3-man front pause a half second after the snap while the entire Oline was moving.  These were players who were off the snap quickly on other downs. 

It just makes me wonder how much of his snap issue was coaching/scheme.  Does he have the innate ability to react quicker and how long will it take for him to get rid of that bad habit?  (with a Dline coach in his ear every play)

38 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

That was me quoting Greg Gabriel who has said this multiple times on his Barroom Sports videos on Youtube.  FWIW in the post draft one he seemed higher on Kramer than I was expecting, said he compared favorably to many of the day 3 prospects we were talking about.  If the organization feels the same way it would explain ignoring C in the draft.  

Thanks for clarifying.

Just listened to a Barroom segment with Gabriel talking about UDFAs. He said he thinks, the OT Houey could replace Borom on the roster. His question was medical not tape. He has a nasty attitude and fits the hitz  principle. If he stays healthy could eventually becomes a starter.