Redrafting Bears players

adam

I listened to a Podcast about redrafting the Bears players if you were starting a new franchise with the obvious #1 choice being Fields. Then after that though, if you weigh previous performance and projected output, who would your next 5 players be?

I am thinking it would be Moore, Edmunds, Jaylon Johnson, Wright, and maybe Brisker or Jackson. What do you think?

Either way, I found it interesting that 3 out of the top 5 are new acquisitions, and if you go with Brisker, 4 out of 5 are from Poles. That really is pushing the depth chart down. Even guys off the list like Stevenson push Vildor to lead CB-backup role that he fits better in. Borom becomes a swing tackle, Mooney/Claypool back to WR2/3's, and Sanborn back to LB3. 

If you extend that to top 10, how many 2023 acquisitions are in there? Moore, Edmunds, Wright, Edwards, Davis, Walker? 6? How many teams add 6 players to the top 10 of their roster which doesn't include Dexter, Stevenson, or Pickens yet. That makes me feel a lot better about this coming season.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Borom becomes a swing tackle, Mooney/Claypool back to WR2/3's, and Sanborn back to LB3. 

That's almost good depth.  No way I'm ever putting Borom on the blindside.  To me, he can RT and G depth.  Moving Wright to LT would be the best option if Jones goes down.