Bears Records

adam

1. Montez Sweat has 12.5 sacks with 3 games remaining. The Bears single season franchise leader is Quinn at 18. Sweat can pass him with 2 sacks per game for the final 3. That would give him 18.5, even though not all of them were on the Bears, it is still a single season accomplishment.

2a. Fields needs 77 passing yards to pass Rex Grossman for 14th on the franchise Passing Yards leaderboard, 85 more to pass Vince Evans, and 160 to pass Mike Tomczak (12th), 167 to pass Rudy Bukich, and 208 yards to pass Johnny Lujack for 10th. All those seem achievable this weekend.

2b. Justin Fields has tied Bob Avellini for the 5th most losses in franchise history, with one more he would move into a tie with Erik Kramer for 4th.

3a. DJ Moore is 17th on the single season receptions list for the Bears with 80 and 3 games remaining. At 90, he would tie Martellus Bennett for 9th all time. He has an outside shot at 100 receptions, which would make him the 4th player to hit that mark.

3b. Moore is also already 13th on the receiving yards list for a single season (for Bears). He only needs 11 yards to get into the top 10 and 66 to pass Marty Booker for 8th all time. He has a good shot at breaking 1,300 yards, which would put him in the top 4 all time. 

4a. Quietly, Cairo Santos is moving up the franchise kicking leaderboard. He as 27 FGM with 3 games left. Gould owns the #1 spot at 33. Santos would need 2 per game to tie that mark. 

4b. Santos has made 6 kicks from 50+. He is 6 for 6. Gould owns the franchise record at 7. 

4c. Santos is 5th on the Bears all-time list for FG's and needs 5 more to tie Paul Edinger for 4th. 

5. Velus Jones has 849 KO return yards and needs 37 more to pass Willie Gault for 26th on the franchise all-time list.

5b. Velus only needs 4,655 more KO return yards to tie Devin Hester for first on the franchise list. At his current pace, Velus will only need 11 more seasons (until he is 46) to hit that mark. 

6 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

You always do a lot of work with stats, I have to let you know I appreciate the effort. That's not a simple task.

It's a hobby, been fiddling with numbers for a long time.

22 minutes ago, OmahaBear said:

5b made me laugh.. Also didn't remember Kramer losing that much.  We've had some pretty good kickers in my lifetime. 

I like to throw one of those in there.

I was surprised about Kramer too, he went 18-28 with the Bears. He had the record breaking 3,838 year in 1995 when the Bears went 9-7, which is the year I remember. However, the year before he went 1-4, the year after 1-3, then 4-9, and then 3-5.

If Santos sticks around for another contract, he will be neck and neck with Robbie for a lot of franchise marks. It would be Santos, Butler and Gould. 

I just read this in an article on bearswire.usatoday.com. I knew we had blown leads in three games that we should have won, but what I didn't realize is that it ties an NFL record.

... It marked the third time this season where the Bears have blown a double-digit lead in the final quarter, which is tied for the most in a season in NFL history.

The writer is of an opinion that this alone, despite the vast improvement of the defense, justifies his replacement.

13 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I just read this in an article on bearswire.usatoday.com. I knew we had blown leads in three games that we should have won, but what I didn't realize is that it ties an NFL record.

The writer is of an opinion that this alone, despite the vast improvement of the defense, justifies his replacement.

Absolutely, one is bad, two almost unfathomable, but three games like that in one season where you currently only have 5 wins, yeah, if it wasn't the Bears organization, he would've been fired after the Detroit collapse.