Beat the Packers Draft...

Mongo3451

I like that draft but think edge will be addressed with one of the two first picks. Our OL and DL did not control the line of scrimmage. We are one pass rusher away from being a top 5 defense, offense still needs rebuilding.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I like that draft but think edge will be addressed with one of the two first picks. Our OL and DL did not control the line of scrimmage. We are one pass rusher away from being a top 5 defense, offense still needs rebuilding.

I was actually thinking the same, but it just didn't fall that way.  I'm glad this draft is deep with our needs.  Two years in a row.  Karma is swinging our way!

12 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I was actually thinking the same, but it just didn't fall that way.  I'm glad this draft is deep with our needs.  Two years in a row.  Karma is swinging our way!

Karma has definitely swung our way draft wise.  We have been in an unprecedented position to have the #1 overall pick two years in a row, and the possibility to get a haul for that pick two straight years (including potential high #1's in 2025 and 2026).  We have a roster full of talented young players and vets that can be added to with an abundance of draft capital to add to it.    

Much better than where we were when Pace was constantly mortgaging the future on a bogus bag of magic beans.  And we had very few draft picks, and gaping holes in the roster. Then having to overspend in FA to fix bad drafting.  Just typing this reminds me of how ugly those days were lol

I really like this one.  It's proving to be good therapy.  I traded with NE for their first four picks and next year's number one.  Since I like four QBs in this draft, getting my favorite at 3 is cool.  Then another trade and got the best 3tech in the draft.  Then another trade where I had to give up next year's 1 and 2 to get the 18 pick.  Remember, we still have NE and Carolina 1 and 2 respectively.  Everything else was straight down the line.  The decision was difficult as I could have taken edge on the first to but I keep hearing Lance Briggs saying we need a 3tech the most.  Dexter gets asked to hit the weight room and buffet line to put on weight and become a dominant 1tech.

This draft was preceded by making a splash in free agency with the signing of Tee Higgins, Danielle Hunter and Connor Williams.  Extensions were offered to Johnson, Jenkins and Billings.

PFN_MDS_Result__1704745599421.png

22 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Justin Fields will never beat Jordan Love.  He is everything we want Justin to be.  2024 draft must be for Williams or Maye.  

Justin was clearly a better prospect than Love coming out. Love sat 3 yrs and got a good coach in LeFuer. GB has consistently had good OLs too. Wonder if Fields got the same circumstances, how he would like right now.

45 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Justin was clearly a better prospect than Love coming out. Love sat 3 yrs and got a good coach in LeFuer. GB has consistently had good OLs too. Wonder if Fields got the same circumstances, how he would like right now.

That's not true.  Love was highly touted and fell just like Rodgers did.  We traded up for Justin, who also fell.  I'll call that even.  You are correct on time of grooming and OL.  Both Dallas and us couldn't get to him.  I feel bad for Justin, just as I did Trubisky. (But they are ruined by too many hits) They deserved better up front.  Ryan Pace is the worst GM ever.