Question about this site

CrackerDog

I'm not sure about the outline mode. I'll see what options are there cause I don't use it. As far as finding new posts, if you look at the topics (like in the main forum view) you will see a little arrow button next to the thread, if you click on that it will take you to the new posts since your last visit (so if the first new post is on page 2 of a thread it will take you right there).

Hopefully that helps.

Hey Guys,

First off I want to reiterate how awesome it is that you got the site moved, and set up and working so quickly. That is a huge favor to all of us, and I am very grateful.

I'd like to offer some small advice here, and if it rubs anyone the wrong way, then I apologize ahead of time. I don't mean to throw water on such a fantastic effort or anything, only to be helpful, so please take or ignore this advice as you please.

I want to say that I don't particularly like the software you've chosen for this board, and that I think there are better choices. If you do switch software, now would be a good time, since we won't lose much - so better now than later (if at all).

I'd like to report that I have had great experiences with vBulletin, which is used by several audio boards that I frequent. Check out http://www.3daudioinc.com/3db/ as an example of a really easy to use board with lots of options for email notification of threads, easy options for finding threads that have been modified etc.

Apparently, vBulletin is made by Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. and the website is here: http://www.vbulletin.com/

The price is $160 to own the software, and I for one would happily donate $20 to this cause (or to the hosting). I suspect other folks might be willing too. if other members would check this software out, and see if they like it, and then post here, that could be cool too.

I hope this was helpful. Again, if it was not, or we are set with this software, then let me again simply congratulate our administrators for such a quick move. I'm not trying to cause trouble!

I'm happy with either software, although I do think that vBulletin is superior.

Thanks!

Kyle aka BearFan NYC

I feel it is just a matter of gaining familiarity with the new forums.

I loved the open format of the old board we just had sabataged by Sportsinfinity.

However, the more I use this forum, the more I play around with the options available and learn how to manipulate it to serve my personal preferences, the more I like it.

It may take time for some of us to adjust, especially us "more mature" types (sounds better than old farts, lol) but I do believe it will work out great if given time for everyone to "learn" the programs features.

Just MHO

It may take time for some of us to adjust, especially us "more mature" types (sounds better than old farts, lol) but I do believe it will work out great if given time for everyone to "learn" the programs features.

I'm sure you're right, and I don't mean to suggest that the current software is awful or anything - it isn't. I just know that the vBulletin software is awesome, having used it for many years now, and I wanted to bring it your attention.

I'm happy here, and if this is the software, then I will use it without complaint. I just wanted to be helpful!

I speak only for myself, I am only one of hundreds that are a member of this site. I. like you have indicated, will go with whatever the majority decides. I am certainly happy here as is.

I did go to the link you provided and although I had little time to explore the site it linked to. My first impression was that there was quite a simularity between the "appearance" of that site and this one.

I speak only for myself, I am only one of hundreds that are a member of this site. I. like you have indicated, will go with whatever the majority decides. I am certainly happy here as is.

I did go to the link you provided and although I had little time to explore the site it linked to. My first impression was that there was quite a simularity between the "appearance" of that site and this one.

Yeah. Invision and VB are very similar software packages. Their are some perks to both but in the end I'm hard pressed to see a major difference between the two. Just my 2 cents.