Harbaugh to Chargers

BearFan PHX

13 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

It’ll be a slap on the wrist from the NFL if anything happens at all.  They’re sending the right signals but at the end of the day, is the NFL going to suspend a coach for taking prospects out for hamburgers or sign stealing?   It didn’t happen in the NFL so he’d win in court anyway.   No jurisdiction so to speak.   

Harbaugh is just too fricken weird for my taste with the Bears.  I do hope he’s successful but still glad they didn’t pursue him.  

I think we see him the same way? Hes a total weirdo. He wants to win way too bad, it's not mentally healthy. I'm not being sarcastic, I really think that. But I'd love it for us.

I hear Michael Jordan is miserable as a person. He needs to be beating everyone at everything just to feel comfortable. It's like how Madonna needed to be a star. She's sick - there was NO stopping her, and she used whoever she needed to to get to the top. Shes weird as hell, and probably no fun to be around. But there was no stopping her from achieving her goal.

I miss the 85 team and the swagger and dominance. I want to aim for that, but I don't think the McCaskeys do. They want to win, sure, but not at any cost, and I don't think they feel comfortable with swagger.

Then again that team wasn't able to stay together and win more either. So i do admit the risk of pushing the pedal down that hard. But Harbaugh has won everywhere he's gone.

27 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If the argument you stated is true then it explains who is running the Bears, clearly it's Poles because Flus is still here and isn't going anywhere. So now we know Warren is strictly the business side,IE fired Stein.

yeah I think that might be true. And I think McCaskeys were on Poles side this time. Maybe just as simple as "we just never fire a head coach with more than 1 year left ont heir contract."

Warren can fire Poles, but i think he would rather wait and see and give Poles enough rope to prove or hang himself.

Think of it this way - GMs usually get 2 QBs to prove themselves, and Presidents usually get 2 GMs to prove themselves, so IF Warren disagreed, he could be taking the long view and letting Poles get a little further with his plan before he burns one of his GMs?

But yeah, the President should generally let the GM hire and fire whoever they want, unless its so bad youre willing to fire the GM.

16 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah I think that might be true. And I think McCaskeys were on Poles side this time. Maybe just as simple as "we just never fire a head coach with more than 1 year left ont heir contract."

Warren can fire Poles, but i think he would rather wait and see and give Poles enough rope to prove or hang himself.

Think of it this way - GMs usually get 2 QBs to prove themselves, and Presidents usually get 2 GMs to prove themselves, so IF Warren disagreed, he could be taking the long view and letting Poles get a little further with his plan before he burns one of his GMs?

But yeah, the President should generally let the GM hire and fire whoever they want, unless its so bad youre willing to fire the GM.

All true. When  you hire someone that states, it's a 4 to 5 year rebuild, probably deserves year 3 to prove himself. For now you have to look at , fixing the cap issues and the draft capital he obtained in two years. Counts for something.

when you hire someone and intend a 3 year project, then youre expecting them for at least 3 years.

But that doesnt mean you dont notice stuff during year one and two. And I dont care what's fair to the coach or player, I only care about what's best for the team. And if after 2 years, you know a guy isnt who you thought hed be, then hanging on for the last year just because thats what you thought two years ago before you got this extra information seems wrong.