Active Qbs

DrunkBomber

Does anyone else think its weird that Grossman hasnt been IRed yet or that we havent signed anyone else? Are we only carrying Orton and Griese for this game? I wonder if theres any chance Grossman isnt done for the season. We havent gotten any kind of description or timeline of his injury that I know of.

When he got injured, his prognosis was 3-4 weeks which might have him healthy for the season finale.

I read this week that he's been on the practice field throwing the ball with Pep Hamilton and that he might be the #3 QB this week.

When he got injured, his prognosis was 3-4 weeks which might have him healthy for the season finale.

I read this week that he's been on the practice field throwing the ball with Pep Hamilton and that he might be the #3 QB this week.

Hes listed as the number 3 on the official depth chart. So Im assuming hes gonna be suited up.

Hes listed as the number 3 on the official depth chart. So Im assuming hes gonna be suited up.

Does anyone else think that's retarded? what's the point of having him on the active roster and not IRed? there's 3 weeks left and his injury was a 3 to 4 week injury. what would be the point in letting him rehab for the final game if he's able to go? just let Orton finish the year.

Does anyone else think that's retarded? what's the point of having him on the active roster and not IRed? there's 3 weeks left and his injury was a 3 to 4 week injury. what would be the point in letting him rehab for the final game if he's able to go? just let Orton finish the year.

If both Orton and Griese were to get injured, who would play QB if not Rex? It's like Lovie's acknowledging the fact that the o-line sucks.

Why would that be? Its not like Rex is a scrambling QB, if he can plant and throw he should be fine. Its not like we all gush about Rex's escapability :D He has none.

that's the thing.....can he plant? can he step up? he has zero mobility to begin with and gets sacked more than a bunch of potatos. A 1 legged Rex would be on his back more than Paris Hilton.

Just let him get healthy and not hurt himself any more. Watch, he comes back to play the last game and blows out that knee cause he's not 100%.

just my too scents.

that's the thing.....can he plant? can he step up? he has zero mobility to begin with and gets sacked more than a bunch of potatos. A 1 legged Rex would be on his back more than Paris Hilton.

ROTFLMAO, I love the analogies......

The sad part is the one thing I liked most about Rex when he first started for the Bears was his mobility. He moved around great in the pocket and ran the ball well when needed UNTIL he got injured scoring a touchdown (I believe against MIN). From that point on I feel it was a situation where he is reluctant to exose himself to further injury by scrambling, which, if you ask me, is counteractive, in that with this OL if you do not scramble well, if you stand back there in the posket without the ability to escape, you are a sitting duck and eventually going to get yourslf killed.

The sad part is the one thing I liked most about Rex when he first started for the Bears was his mobility. He moved around great in the pocket and ran the ball well when needed UNTIL he got injured scoring a touchdown (I believe against MIN). From that point on I feel it was a situation where he is reluctant to exose himself to further injury by scrambling, which, if you ask me, is counteractive, in that with this OL if you do not scramble well, if you stand back there in the posket without the ability to escape, you are a sitting duck and eventually going to get yourslf killed.

LOL. thanks. :)

that's pretty much my point. With a gimpy Rex, a team will just be pinning back and trying to play bury the QB.

Does anyone else think its weird that Grossman hasnt been IRed yet or that we havent signed anyone else? Are we only carrying Orton and Griese for this game? I wonder if theres any chance Grossman isnt done for the season. We havent gotten any kind of description or timeline of his injury that I know of.

I think it purely has to do with the Bears not officially being eliminated from the playoffs so Lovie is holding off on placing him on IR until we know that is the case, since I'd guess, if the team made the playoffs, Rex would be able to suit up. Of course odds are we will officially be eliminated on Monday.

That is what I liked about Rex when he came back a couple weeks ago. He didn't scramble a ton, but he seemed much more mobile in the pocket and seemed to use that mobility to make plays that in the past would have been "dead" plays. I don't know what his diagnosis is, but I'd imagine that if his ligaments are strong he could probably play in a bind, its just a matter of not wanting him to.