Updated 2025 Draft Choices

CrackerDog

Found this on the net.  Correct me if anything is wrong.  

BEARS 2025 DRAFT PICKS

First-round pick
Second-round pick
Second-round pick (via Panthers)
Third-round pick
4th gone for 2024 5th rounder
Fifth-round pick
Sixth-round pick
Sixth-round pick (via Dolphins)
Sixth-round pick (via Steelers, can turn into fourth-round pick)

57 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

BEARS 2025 DRAFT PICKS

First-round pick
Second-round pick
Third-round pick
Fifth-round pick
Sixth-round pick

2025 finishing touches to rebuild

RD1 - DT

RD2 - C/G

RD2- DE

RD3- C/G

RD5- CB

RD6- LB

RD6 - WR

RD6 - RB

39 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If Pickens and Dexter take a step forward, DE moves to the first round.

True, I thought about slashing that as DE/DT.  Even with Dexter, Billings, and Pickens they can still use another good player to add to the rotation.  We will find a vet FA to take that role this year. 

Also the 6th round pick you have listed will end up a 4 th round pick. Justin will play more than 51% of the QB snaps. Payton got rid of Wilson at a big expense because he's a tool. Tomlin won't put up with crap from Wilson. Justin will start at least 14 games this year, clearly a better QB than Wilson at his age. IMO

I talked to a Seattle fan and said Wilson is a ego tripper and aleiniates his teammates. Tomlin gets rid of malcontents. 

If Allen leaves after this year for a big contract don't we get a third for that?

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

If Allen leaves after this year for a big contract don't we get a third for that?

I don’t think so because of his years of service. Players with ten or more season max out at a 5th round compensatory pick. 

10 hours ago, dawhizz said:

I don’t think so because of his years of service. Players with ten or more season max out at a 5th round compensatory pick. 

thanks for that. I swear I learn more on this board than I do in the media.

21 hours ago, CrackerDog said:

BEARS 2025 DRAFT PICKS

First-round pick
Second-round pick
Third-round pick
Fifth-round pick
Sixth-round pick

The 5th they got back was the one they used for Bates. So technically they now have traded a 2025 4th for Ryan Bates.  With the potential of 3x 6ths, I can see them using one or two of them to move up in the 4th or 5th round (or to the back of the previous round).

12 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Also the 6th round pick you have listed will end up a 4 th round pick. Justin will play more than 51% of the QB snaps. Payton got rid of Wilson at a big expense because he's a tool. Tomlin won't put up with crap from Wilson. Justin will start at least 14 games this year, clearly a better QB than Wilson at his age. IMO

I talked to a Seattle fan and said Wilson is a ego tripper and aleiniates his teammates. Tomlin gets rid of malcontents. 

They would be awesome if Fields plays that much, but Wilson is not terrible. He would have to have a few bad games in a row before they replace him. 

13 minutes ago, adam said:

They would be awesome if Fields plays that much, but Wilson is not terrible. He would have to have a few bad games in a row before they replace him. 

Also the Steelers invested heavily on offense in the draft early with two O-line picks that figure to start and a WR who will probably contribute, so if they help as expected it might help Russell Wilson look good for a while. 

31 minutes ago, adam said:

The 5th they got back was the one they used for Bates. So technically they now have traded a 2025 4th for Ryan Bates.  With the potential of 3x 6ths, I can see them using one or two of them to move up in the 4th or 5th round (or to the back of the previous round).

right, and to continue the mental exercise, it's as if we traded a 5th for Bates that became a conditional 4th if a Booker was available in the 5th LOL

30 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah, it is wishful thinking.  He will probably see maybe 30% of the snaps.  I am sure they will get him in the line up to keep the defenses on their toes. 

and if Fields is not your starter, you can actually let him run with less fear of injury, and as an open field runner, Fields is GREAT, he just cant be allowed to do that AND be the starting QB.

I might even experiment with Fields as a kick returner if Im Pittsburgh.

Interesting to note that, with all the Vikings moves, their 2025 draft picks are:

- Their own 1st

- Their own 5th

- The Browns 5th

and that’s it. We thought we didn’t have much draft capital this year, but we had two top ten picks and another day 2 pick. If McCarthy isn’t the guy and/or the Vikings struggle, they are going to be in some trouble in the 2025 offseason. 

An interesting tie in with the 2025 draft is Fields' play in 2024. Also, since PIT declined his 5th-year option, he will be a free agent in 2025. So technically, the Steelers could get back a comp pick for him in 2026 if he signs a big enough deal with another team, which could negate the pick they traded to the Bears in 2025 (a year later).