Gill gone

adam

12 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

When Poles is upgrading the STs, you know he totally expects them to be in play of winning the division and capable of more. Was he a free agent? Or do we save some money?

I’m sure he’s still on his rookie deal and considering he was a 7th round pick not much savings there. 

16 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

booo groan

the jokes write themselves lol

When the pick was first made and in context at the time being the last pick in our draft I wasn't big on it.  Then we trade back into the 5th for Booker, I felt better about this pick, and I'm sure that if we'd have flip those picks around and taken Booker in the 4th and Tory in the 5th.  I think less would have been made of it.

Now looking at the pick I do like it.  Field position is where the hidden yards are.  With Gill we'd go three and out and then give the opponent great field position because Gill outright sucked.  That put our D in a bad spot.   Our offense should be much improved and will be vastly better than what Tory played with at Iowa.  Kid won't know what to do with himself lol.