Bush won't play - ruled out according to Payton

Conehead

Bush won't play

by Jimmy Smith, The Times-Picayune Staff writer

Friday December 28, 2007, 1:37 PM

Saints tailback Reggie Bush missed practice for the third straight day on Friday and has been ruled out of Sunday's regular-season finale at Chicago, Coach Sean Payton said.

Early reports following diagnosis of Bush's torn left posterior cruciate ligament had his missing the rest of the regular season four weeks ago, though the Saints initially dismissed those stories as premature.

Tailback Aaron Stecker was excused from practice to attend funeral services for his father-in-law in Wisconsin.

Stecker missed Wedneday and Thursday practices with a severe turf toe injury and is listed as "questionable" for the Bears.

Payton, however, said Stecker's availability would be a game-time decision and he was not concerned that Stecker did not take part in any practice sessions this week.

"I think he's smart enough," Payton said of Stecker. "We'll have to look at the reps and how many (plays) he can go. A lot of them will plays he's comfortable with, plays that he knows that we'll highlight on the call sheet. Certainly you'll see a lot of Pierre Thomas and we'll go from there."

Payton said the likely tailback rotation would include recently signed Chris Barclay, in addition to Stecker, Thomas and fullback Mike Karney.

http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2007/..._wont_play.html

I wish Bush would have played cause I'd like to see the Bears defense lay the smack down on him. I hate no player in the league more than Reggie for the way he show-boated in last seasons NFC Championship game.

Reminded me of Dwayne Rudd waving the ball in Edgar Bennett's face in the late 90s. I remember the following yr, Big Cat pancaked him and let him know we didn't appreciate his showboating.

Peace :bears