Jerry Porter to void deal

GakMan23

Raiders | Porter intends to void remainder of deal

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:10:04 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Bay Area News Group, reports Oakland Raiders WR Jerry Porter intends to void the remainder of his current deal and enter free agency.

If this happends I would seriously consider offering him a big deal to land a top tier WR, who still has alot of good years left in him and can be a game changer.

Raiders | Porter intends to void remainder of deal

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:10:04 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Bay Area News Group, reports Oakland Raiders WR Jerry Porter intends to void the remainder of his current deal and enter free agency.

If this happends I would seriously consider offering him a big deal to land a top tier WR, who still has alot of good years left in him and can be a game changer.

He shouldn't cost as much as Berrian with only 1 reception in 2006.

Agreed that players can be greedy bastards. Disagree about the Pats. Just look at Deon Branch and Asante Samuel. Branch held out and was traded. Samuel held out as well for some time this yr. Didn't they have a safety a few yrs back that ended up being traded to Buffalo because he was bitching about his contract? I can't remember his name but I remember he wasn't happy about his contract.

Peace :bears

I look at Porter like I do Bernard....he is a good reciever, but I don't think he is a #1. If the money is right I say sign him, but don't allocate too much cap room to him...

I really like Porter, but I also really like Berrian. Heck, I'll be honest, I'd love a core with both of those guys because you'd have some massive speed on your receiving corps (and Moose would make an oustanding slot guy with Hester being utilized a ton in what could be 4WR sets). Of course financially the Bears won't make that happen as it would cost a fortune to sign Berrian to his deal and than sign Porter.

Still, if the Bears lose out on Berrian, Porter is where I'd go and you could make a case that Porter is a better player than Berrian. One difference is Porter has had attitude issues, hence his one reception in 06 (when him and Moss were busy whining/arguing with the coaching staff).

I say hell no to Porter. He's a locker room cancer. Now Curry on the other hand would be a nice addition.

Is Ronald Curry available? I really like him as well. I don't think he is a #1, but he's a pretty darn good target either way. I also should indicate it seems as if I'm one of the only people that believes Berrian is fully capable of being a #1 wide out in this league (note that I'm not saying he'll be a Chad Johnson, but he's good enough to be a #1 in this league).

Are any of those guys, Porter, Curry, Berrian, etc.., any better then the other? Hell, throw Moose & Bradley into that category and I don't see much of a difference.

It's astounding to me how BAD Randy Moss looked with the Raiders . . . then he jumps to the Pats and sets records.

I heard on the radio yesterday the Bears have had only one offensive skill position player, meaning RB, WR, QB, make the pro-bowl in the last 15 years.

I've got a BAD feeling that if we paid Berrian, he'll be likely to regress. And if we paid someone to come in, we'll likely be dissappointed the way we have been with Moose. IMO, our WR's will be bad reguardless, so we're better off signing guys on the cheap, hoping Bradley/Hester/Olsen continue to develop, and looking to the draft.

Are any of those guys, Porter, Curry, Berrian, etc.., any better then the other? Hell, throw Moose & Bradley into that category and I don't see much of a difference.

It's astounding to me how BAD Randy Moss looked with the Raiders . . . then he jumps to the Pats and sets records.

I heard on the radio yesterday the Bears have had only one offensive skill position player, meaning RB, WR, QB, make the pro-bowl in the last 15 years.

I've got a BAD feeling that if we paid Berrian, he'll be likely to regress. And if we paid someone to come in, we'll likely be dissappointed the way we have been with Moose. IMO, our WR's will be bad reguardless, so we're better off signing guys on the cheap, hoping Bradley/Hester/Olsen continue to develop, and looking to the draft.

I'm pretty sure that one player was Curtis Conway. Not positive, but I think thats the case.

Unless we get a competent starter at QB, an OL to protect him, a RB to give the opposing D something to worry about, and an OC who knows what the hell he is doing, you are probably right.