Javon Walker wants out... again?

BearSox

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7850208

Javon Walker dropped the first bomb of the Broncos' offseason this morning.

In a rambling briefing with the press, Walker essentially said he longer wants to be with the Broncos.

"It's not for Javon," Walker said. "It's not for me."

Walker bounced and back and forth and said that he'll do whatever the Broncos decide but he concluded by saying that being here is not for him.

Walker even suggested a return to Green Bay. The Broncos acquired him from the Packers in April 2006 for a second round draft choice.

Walker was unhappy with the Packers when he was dealt.

Walker missed seven games this season with a knee injury and second-year player Brandon Marshall flourished, catching 102 balls.

Walker said that the offense is centered around Marshall now and he is happy for his teammate.

Walker has $5.4 million in option bonus money coming to him this year and the team was planning on keeping him. However, after his bombshell, the team will likely seriously consider parting ways

I would welcome him with open arms, he'd be the no. 1 here, no doubt.

I would be all over this, especially if you could get him for a 3rd round pick. This would give you a ton of leverage if Berrian were to walk, but the bears would also have the ability to get Walker in at a relatively fair rate (3rd round pick is well worth it) and than keep Berrian (resign him or sign another WR) and give the Bears there first legitimate receiving corps in some time.

Obviously you have issues with his knee and whether he would whine again (since this is now his second incident where he has demanded a trade) but bottom line if you weren't totally relying on him as a #1 the move could pay off big time.

I do wonder if he would have any interest coming to a place like Chicago and being that he is leaving because he is no longer a #1, would he have any interest in coming to Chicago along with a WR like Berrian (or someone elese as they would each be kind of like top dogs). Personally if I were an above average WR, I'd like playing with another above average WR because it would prevent teams from being able to completely double team one of you (since they'd be worried about two above average guys).

I would be all over this, especially if you could get him for a 3rd round pick. This would give you a ton of leverage if Berrian were to walk, but the bears would also have the ability to get Walker in at a relatively fair rate (3rd round pick is well worth it) and than keep Berrian (resign him or sign another WR) and give the Bears there first legitimate receiving corps in some time.

If the Pats got Moss for a 4th i wouldnt want to give up more than that it gives us some leverage with the trade even though we are really desperate.

If the Pats got Moss for a 4th i wouldnt want to give up more than that it gives us some leverage with the trade even though we are really desperate.

I think in Moss' case it had to deal further with him having severe attitude issues. However, if a 4th round pick ended up being the asking price I'd be all over that.

I think in Moss' case it had to deal further with him having severe attitude issues. However, if a 4th round pick ended up being the asking price I'd be all over that.

Im hoping him wanting out will tip their hand and make a 4th reasonable but if we lose Briggs wont we get another 3rd in supplemental picks or is that for next year? If so a i would not mind giving up a 3rd.

Im hoping him wanting out will tip their hand and make a 4th reasonable but if we lose Briggs wont we get another 3rd in supplemental picks or is that for next year? If so a i would not mind giving up a 3rd.

I think the supplemental pick would work out for the following year and not this year, but I'm not 100% on that. I would imagine that barring major injury, if we lost Briggs we would get the highlest level of supplmental pick. I can't envision the Bears getting any supplemental picks for this year (unless somehow Gage gets the Bears a supplemental pick and he was signed off the scrap heap for a minimum amount which I think would effect whether the Bears would get any compensation).

I think the supplemental pick would work out for the following year and not this year, but I'm not 100% on that. I would imagine that barring major injury, if we lost Briggs we would get the highlest level of supplmental pick. I can't envision the Bears getting any supplemental picks for this year (unless somehow Gage gets the Bears a supplemental pick and he was signed off the scrap heap for a minimum amount which I think would effect whether the Bears would get any compensation).

You are correct, compensatory picks awarded to the Bears for Players loss via FA versus players gained via FA this year would not be awarded until the 2009 draft.

Don't forget Boone, Worrell, and Johnson. Hopefully, they can add up to 1 or 2 supplemental picks (most likely no higher than 6th round).

Peace :bears

Alfonso Boone was signed by the Chiefs to a 4 year 7.2 year deal, and he had a real good season this year, to go along with Gage. But we did sign Anthony Adams... I see us getting a 6th round comp. pick at the highest, but we will get one wheter it be a 7th or 6th... at least I think.

Don't forget Boone, Worrell, and Johnson. Hopefully, they can add up to 1 or 2 supplemental picks (most likely no higher than 6th round).

Peace :bears

Forgot about Worrell and Johnson... I think we likely get a 6th.