Billick Fired!!

OmahaBear

Seldom does a HC get fired and any of his coaching staff retain positions.

I know, but you'd have to be retarded to fire Rex Ryan... Actually, it turns out Ryan has already been fired. What stupid moves by the Ravens. Ryan is interviewing for the Falcons job, I bet he gets it.

Rex Ryan is a great coord, he may end up getting a HC position this off-season and if he doesn't you know he'll get a fat contract to join some other team as a DC. It is a big mistake if the Ravens axe him. Than again I understand that they will want the knew coach to bring in his guys (But I'd at least give the knew coach the option of having Ryan).

Billick was completely overrated as a HC and for all I know isn't near as smart as everyone once thought he was as an offensive mind (considering how piss poor the offense was in his entire tenure in Baltimore). I wonder if Billick will go back into the coaching ranks (and be willing to be an OC somewhere) or if he will sit out a year or two and than eventually doop some team into hiring him as an HC.

Ryan is also in consideration for the Ravens HC, so his time there is done as a DC but can continue as a HC. I could see them having Ryan as their HC and then having Cameron as their OC, with someone already on the staff promoted to DC.

crazy thought... what if Cowher comes back and coaches the Ravens?

I could see it happeneing, and I could see it both working and not working.

As far as I can tell, outside of NE, the whole idea of the "Super-coach" who comes in and turns everything around with some incredible strategy is just wrong. You could plug Cowher into a lot of teams, and it might work, or it might not. The coach usually isn't the issue. The system usually matters vastly more. You need to have a coach and GM on the same page, picking players for their system, using the cap intelligently, and maybe even getting a little lucky. It also helps to have a Brady or a P. Manning.