Titles on postings!

madlithuanian

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one...but I just discovered if you make your reply to a topic ABOVE/BEFORE the "quote", your first snetence or so will be the "title" of your post!

Again, if someone's already posted this, sorry. I'm just techinlogically slow and was away during the holidays.

BTW - Happy new year everyone! May 2008 bring everyone health, weath and happiness!

Thanks!

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one...but I just discovered if you make your reply to a topic ABOVE/BEFORE the "quote", your first snetence or so will be the "title" of your post!

Again, if someone's already posted this, sorry. I'm just techinlogically slow and was away during the holidays.

BTW - Happy new year everyone! May 2008 bring everyone health, weath and happiness!

I'm still getting used to this new system.

Thanks for the tip MadLith!

1 thing I still miss from the BT board is the ability to see the text of all the posts of a thread

AND how they're connected.

It made it easier to try to follow the discussion.

The closest I've found is clicking on the last post that has replies before it and then all that group of posts is displayed.

Thanks!

I'm still getting used to this new system.

I heard that.

:drink

No problem!

I hear ya! I did like the way the threads looked. But I'm over it, and like so much about the new board that it doesn't bug me.

Thanks for the tip MadLith!

1 thing I still miss from the BT board is the ability to see the text of all the posts of a thread

AND how they're connected.

It made it easier to try to follow the discussion.

The closest I've found is clicking on the last post that has replies before it and then all that group of posts is displayed.

I heard that.

The one thing I wish we could still have, though I have no clue if it is possible (I don't know jack about setting this stuff up) would be having the posts numbered. When threads get big, it is difficult to see the order. The posts are time stamped, which helps, but if they were numbered like they used to be, I would think it would make it that much simpler.

The one thing I wish we could still have, though I have no clue if it is possible (I don't know jack about setting this stuff up) would be having the posts numbered. When threads get big, it is difficult to see the order. The posts are time stamped, which helps, but if they were numbered like they used to be, I would think it would make it that much simpler.

The posts are numbered, yours is #5. However, that might not be what you want. I guess it depends what mode you are in.

I use the outline view. I honestly do not know how I could even respond in the threads in the standard view as I do not understand how you can keep up w/ the various branches of discussion w/in threads. In the outline view, I do not see the posts being numbered.

I use the outline view. I honestly do not know how I could even respond in the threads in the standard view as I do not understand how you can keep up w/ the various branches of discussion w/in threads. In the outline view, I do not see the posts being numbered.

Ah I see. In the standard view, I just follow the replied quoted posts. Since they are in order since I last posted, I can see what others have said.

I guess it is just what you are used to. I don't know for sure, but there are normally add-ons/mods for these types of boards that allows the admins to do a lot. There may be something out there that gives you the options you are looking for.

Agreed! I really liked that element.

I agree with you guys that miss the way the other board was set up. I took me a year to finally figure almost everything out and then as I start really getting the hang of it we are forced to change. I am glad though that we still have a place to talk Bears though and could care less about how things are set up as long as we still have a place like this.

Agreed! The traffic here has really been phenomenal! Goes to show...

Bears fans are the best in the world!

I agree with you guys that miss the way the other board was set up. I took me a year to finally figure almost everything out and then as I start really getting the hang of it we are forced to change. I am glad though that we still have a place to talk Bears though and could care less about how things are set up as long as we still have a place like this.