Mendenhall to enter draft

xvflutop

We need a homerun hitter... Rice does not provide us that.

I understand that, but I think an OL is a bigger need then RB, and I think if Rice stays at Rutgers, JA would be tempted and might snatch Rashard at 14, which I think would be dumb, so with this now we should go after Rice, but only in the 3rd round or later. I think Ced can be good with an OL, so if we do in fact improve the OL and he still sucks, then we'd have Rice or Peterson.

I didn't say I wanted a RB in the 1st... Either Charles in the 2nd, if he's there, or Patrick in the 3rd...

A guy I really like is Cory Boyd, or as I call him, Marion Barber IV... but he isn't really the type we need.

I think Mendenhall has good potential but if you watched the Rose Bowl his main short coming was exposed big time and that is blocking and more telling was his inability to pick up the blitz.The USC LB whose name I can't pin point wearing number 58 went pass Mendenhall on several plays to tackle Juice Williams for sacks.This is one reason why both Grossman and Griese were getting tattoed on the blitz this year because Benson was poor on picking up the blitz.This means that if the Bears drafted any back he would not see the field until they were sure he could pick up the blitz.For an example look how long it took for Garrett Wolfe to get any significant playing time.If benson doesn't get hurt he still would have been relegated to special teams.

With that being said if you want to go after a back that is a home run hitter and can carry the load South Florida's Smith is the one that warrants a strong look and he along with Rutgers Rice have entered the draft as Juniors.

Johnathan Stewart is more of complete back in my opinion with about the same type of speed and size. Im not gonna fault him for getting blown up by Rey Malauga that guys is a real beast and if not for injuries prolly coming out this year and be in the top ten.

Stewart is bigger and faster then Mendenhall. Stewart is 235 and runs a sub 4.3 40. Mendenhall is 210 and runs a sub 4.4 40... Stewart is a beast, but Mendenhall is quicker, and is the better receiver, so I give him the edge. Size and speed aren't everything.