Greg Williams for defense???

wmrevs

With Joe Gibbs gone from DC,,,, and it appears Cowher will be the first 10 million dollar coach..... Greg Williams may be out of a job in DC. Given the very so-so 1st year Babich had... and since he is still unproven.... I would think Greg Williams would be a large upgrade as defensive cooridator. Most of his defensives have rated very highly, his one bad year in 2006 he attibuted to offenses figuring out the cover 2 and he spent the off-season making adjustments. He also had a bad 2006 since he started the year with Adam Archuletta starting at saftey. Williams gets points for figuring out to bench Archuletta a year before the Bears flew him in and popped open the champange welcoming him in. One of Lovies weaknesses seems to be to attach himself to guys in his past like Archuletta and Babich.

Not a bad idea, but I think the Coordinator jobs are not going to change this year. How much would another change impact the defense? They already had to deal with it last year. It might be better to give everyone a 2nd year under Babich. You also can't make much of an assessment after last year alone.

Having blasted Babich for much of the year he was able to pull the D back into respectability in the last few games. They played well even in meaningless games. Because of that and the injuries I think he deserves another shot at it next year.

Having blasted Babich for much of the year he was able to pull the D back into respectability in the last few games. They played well even in meaningless games. Because of that and the injuries I think he deserves another shot at it next year.

I agree totally!! Too many injuries & distractions (Briggs & Tank). I think he deserves another year as DC before we ride him out of town.