Could Buffalo be a draft trade partner?

Clenched_CLAW

I suppose any team could end up being a trade parter. I just don't see it happening. I see the Bears trading down if anything.

A couple thoughts come to mind:

da Bears' 1st and a third for Bills 1st to grab Clady or Phillips before Denver,

who has an alleged interest in 1 of those players.

or

Bills 1st for Bernie Berrian.

Your thoughts...

Not really. I just haven't liked what I've seen from the guy. But maybe he just needs more time. I just don't think we need another project other than if it were in the draft.

If we don't sign Rex...then I think a case could be made to bring him in to challenge Kyle and Griese.

Would any of y'all have any interest in Mr. Losman?

Probably thinking after we Tag him. And for Losman.......NO......NO.....and NOOOOOOOO. We don't want Rex jr when we can have Rex senior. I've lived in Buffalo for too long and seen what this guy can do. And it looks like he is not an upgrade over Rex. So, shouldn't even be an option. But knowing this organization I wouldn't put it past them to do a stupid move like that.

with the way JA value draft picks, highly unlikely... and I would be strongly against it anyway. And Berrian has the vale of a mid-high second rounder at best, IMO... If a team is willing to sign him to a contract and give us a high 2nd rounder for him, good bye.

This trade with the Bills, no. But I trade with a team like Jacksonville would be nice. We'd get the 26th pick (approximation there) and then their 2nd round pick. With that, we could take Otah, if he doesn't get selected by Detroit at 15, and then we can take Hardy, or another big time WR, with our first 2nd round pick, then another OL with our second 2nd rounder. :headbang

This trade with the Bills, no. But I trade with a team like Jacksonville would be nice. We'd get the 26th pick (approximation there) and then their 2nd round pick. With that, we could take Otah, if he doesn't get selected by Detroit at 15, and then we can take Hardy, or another big time WR, with our first 2nd round pick, then another OL with our second 2nd rounder. :headbang

I was thinking along the same lines, except trading Berrian for their late first round pick. They obviously need speed at WR, as everyone they have are the tall, possession WR (with the exception of Northcutt, who just isn't that good). They team is already full of young receivers, so they aren't going to want to wait for another young guy to develop, especially one they would get at 26 (or whatever). Unless Ocho Cinco's trade demands rev up again, who else can they hope to get besides Berrian? With 14 and 26 in the first, you have a lot of freedom to consider QB with the first pick, knowing you can nab Chris Williams or even Sam Baker with the later pick and still address OT. Or you can take Clady/Otah at 14, and take the best available playmaker at 26 (Sweed/Desean Jackson/Felix Jones) Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

A couple thoughts come to mind:

da Bears' 1st and a third for Bills 1st to grab Clady or Phillips before Denver,

who has an alleged interest in 1 of those players.

or

Bills 1st for Bernie Berrian.

Your thoughts...

A big reason it won't happen is that Marv Levy's gone from Buffalo. He helped the Bears out on 2 different occassions. In 2006 he traded the #42 and the #73, for #26--D Manning & Dvoracek for John McCago. I'd STILL make that trade today in a heart-beat. The HUGE part was it gave the Bears the flexibility to draft Devin Hester at #57. There's no way we gamble on him without the extra pick.

The other trade was Darwin Walker for a 5th round pick. Still a steal IMO. Levy's a Chicago guy and I have a feeling it made dealing with the Bears easier, and to our advantage.

That being said, I HATE the trade-ups. In 2006 there was talk about trading up for Vernon Davis. He sucks. (so far). Last year there was talk of trading up for Greg Olsen. There was talk Olsen would go at #14 last year.

Half the guys in the draft are busts. I'd be happy as hell trading down.

Yes, that is an intriguing idea!

I do like the thought of Mr. Losman coming in as the #3 QB and either working his way up or off the roster.

It is amazing how much Mr. Losman...

LOS588329.jpg

...looks like Mr. Neckbeard.

ORT716150.jpg

You didn't know, they are cousins.

I was thinking along the same lines, except trading Berrian for their late first round pick. They obviously need speed at WR, as everyone they have are the tall, possession WR (with the exception of Northcutt, who just isn't that good). They team is already full of young receivers, so they aren't going to want to wait for another young guy to develop, especially one they would get at 26 (or whatever). Unless Ocho Cinco's trade demands rev up again, who else can they hope to get besides Berrian? With 14 and 26 in the first, you have a lot of freedom to consider QB with the first pick, knowing you can nab Chris Williams or even Sam Baker with the later pick and still address OT. Or you can take Clady/Otah at 14, and take the best available playmaker at 26 (Sweed/Desean Jackson/Felix Jones) Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

I do agree with the majority in this thread that, even with the Franchise Tag, the #26 pick would be a GREAT deal for Bernie.

I wish there was an emoticon that was drooling because the thought of:

Clady/Otah at 14, and take the best available playmaker at 26 (Sweed/Desean Jackson/Felix Jones) REALLY has me salivating. :notworthy

I suppose any team could end up being a trade parter. I just don't see it happening. I see the Bears trading down if anything.

I hear ya!

I was a bit surprised no one was interested in trading up a bit.

IMdO, a stud LT or for this D, at this moment, a stud FS would be worth that possibly wasted (e.g. Wolfe whining ;) third rounder.

BtW, GREAT photo of Conan.

Did you know Sandahl Bergman:

Sandahl_Bergman_Conan.jpg

did all her own stunts in the movie. Grrrrrrr!!!

Yeah...in drafts past I wanted to move up...but it seems like the risk isn't worth it. Especially with the price tag so high for unproven rookies. I guess Benson still leaves a foul taste in my mouth! ;)

It took a while to find that Concan pic! I always loved the scene when he got so blotto he hit the deck!

Great Bergamn pic! I did not know that! She looked like she was in mad shape, so I'm not surprised!

THe original film is a classic in my opinion. THe rest have been pretty awful...but the Milius one is just really spot on! I was always hoping they'd re-visit it with King Conan as an aging tale. But tha'ts been nixed by Hollywood and I think they're going for a re-boot. But, who knows...it could be good!

I hear ya!

I was a bit surprised no one was interested in trading up a bit.

IMdO, a stud LT or for this D, at this moment, a stud FS would be worth that possibly wasted (e.g. Wolfe whining ;) third rounder.

BtW, GREAT photo of Conan.

Did you know Sandahl Bergman:

Sandahl_Bergman_Conan.jpg

did all her own stunts in the movie. Grrrrrrr!!!