Dvoracek progressing

adam

Great news. Dvoracek and Harris in the middle, when healthy, could be one of the best tackle tandems in the league.

It’s been four months since Dvoracek’s injury, and the 2006 third-round pick is making great progress. He started running last week and expects to be cleared to return to practice for the full squad minicamp a few weeks after the draft.

“It feels great,” Dvoracek said. “Everything’s gone smoothly. I’m attacking the rehab really hard. That’s what I do. I attack everything. It makes the time go by faster. My goal isn’t to be where I was. My goal is to be better than I was.”

Dvoracek can’t wait to get back on the field alongside Harris to pick up where they left off against the Chargers.

“We were both playing at a high level in that game,” Dvoracek said. “Everybody was. It seemed like that was a glimpse of what our defense could have been all year. You put that tape in and we’re flying around. It’s exciting and frustrating all at the same time, but I think more exciting than anything to see what the defense can be when we’re at full strength.”

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4296

I hate these space filler articles....great people are rehabing well.....

Mike Brown was rehabbing quickly 4 years ago....

Yeah, but the fact that he is running and will be cleared to practice is great news. Sometimes guys are not ready for this until the summer.

If the Bears could somehow get Dvoracek, Brown, and Vasher all back on that defense, with another year removed from surgery for Harris next year...they're 1 safety away from being able to tear the league up on defense again if injuries don't ransack another season.

If Mike Brown is healthy they are fine at safety. With MB out there Manning is more than suitable to shore up the secondary. The problem is you simply cant go into next season counting on MB.

Everybody forgets about Kevin Payne but this is the guy who, IMO, led us to trade away Chris Harris. I think he's going to get a shot at finding a starting role next year unless we draft a S in Rd 1. My guess is he ends up as our 3rd Safety but I'm not sure if he's going to find a home at FS or SS. McGowan ends up our #4 backing up SS; he's ok but he's just a backup IMO. DManning remains the starter at FS but he needs to know that the job isn't guaranteed.

Like whoever posted this said, Dvoracek and Tommie could be a great tandem at DT. Let's hope Tommie and Dusty will both be 100% at season's start. If we can go the whole year w/o any huge injuries, such as 4+ weeks a player being out (*cough* Mike Brown *cough*), then I think we have a good chance of going to the Super Bowl. Oh, and don't forget an OLine.

Everybody forgets about Kevin Payne but this is the guy who, IMO, led us to trade away Chris Harris. I think he's going to get a shot at finding a starting role next year unless we draft a S in Rd 1. My guess is he ends up as our 3rd Safety but I'm not sure if he's going to find a home at FS or SS. McGowan ends up our #4 backing up SS; he's ok but he's just a backup IMO. DManning remains the starter at FS but he needs to know that the job isn't guaranteed.

I think AA had more to do with us trading away Harris...