Official Super Bowl XLII Thread

adam

Link

The New England Patriots have sauntered through the rest of the league this year. But on the verge of perfection, their leader has become gimpy.

Multiple media reports in Boston say that Tom Brady was spotted in New York on Monday wearing a walking cast. The Boston Herald's Web site shows a photograph of the quarterback wearing the walking cast while carrying flowers. A video of Brady in the cast is available on TMZ.com.

The Herald reported that Brady was visiting the apartment of his girlfriend, Gisele Bundchen.

During his weekly radio show on WEEI, Brady did not deny that he suffered some sort of injury during Sunday's win over the San Diego Chargers.

"Ah, you know, there's always bumps and bruises. I'll be ready for the Super Bowl," Brady said, according to the Boston Herald. "I'm not worried about that. I'm not missing this one. I'd have to be on a stretcher to miss this one. There will be treatment this week. In games like this, you get a little nicked up. It's nothing serious."

• 2 weeks later...

Im making my official prediction. Keep in mind this is with the spread. Im taking New England and giving the points. Believe me, I really wanted to find a way to take the Giants but just cant. A few things that swayed my opinion. First, is that the Pats were able to pass on the Giants last time they played in bad weather so they should be able to in Arizona. Second, the new spygate stuff. This is the stuff New England lives for motivation wise. If people are gonna question their Championships they will feel the need to blow out the Giants in an effort to show they dont need to cheat, and you know they want to go down as the best team ever. Finally, Bellichecks game planning. He has gameplanned to stop Peyton on many occasions so with two weeks to prepare he should have a way to stop Plax and get Eli flustered.

3-0 G-Men after the 1st quarter. 7-3 Pats midway thru the 2nd.

Actually a pretty close game. Pats look tired...and old.

If the Giants can continue to pressure Brady like they did in the first half it could be an interesting game. I am not sure Brady can even stay healthy if he keeps getting hit like he has so far.

Good game so far.