Buying a used mini van...

OmahaBear

I don't know much about the recent minivans, but the Honda Odyssey's have always gotten pretty good reviews. I would hit up edmunds.com and read up on the various minivans for the model years you are interested and see what they have to say.

The Chrysler/Dodges were pretty darn good for a number of years but the last time I researched/looked at minivans was probably 7 years ago so I'm sure things have changed a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with the Drunk Bomber, go with an SUV!!!!!!!! I personally have a Toyota Sequoia and it is pretty great. There are many SUVs out there that would work well for you, make sure you check them out before you decide on a mini-van.

Insuance is higher on a SUV then for a minivan. You can also get AWD minivans. Not shure on pricing between them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I agree with the Drunk Bomber, go with an SUV!!!!!!!! I personally have a Toyota Sequoia and it is pretty great. There are many SUVs out there that would work well for you, make sure you check them out before you decide on a mini-van.

Gas is going to be over $4 a gallon this summer and you want the guy to buy an SUV?! I have a Pontiac Montana and get almost 30 MPG highway. It is a great family car (I have 3 kids myself and #4 on the way). The stow and go are great, from the chrysler town and country I believe, but man is that model pricey.