Gig is up on Flacco

butkusrules

lets hope this passes and goes full circle. Id love to spend a 2nd on him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...2.22/index.html

He does a lot of things well, but most of his throws were behind his receivers even in his highlight reel. He has a wierd throwing motion, almost like a dart throw instead of a football throw. He does have really nice pocket presence though. He's a project.

He does a lot of things well, but most of his throws were behind his receivers even in his highlight reel. He has a wierd throwing motion, almost like a dart throw instead of a football throw. He does have really nice pocket presence though. He's a project.

Phillip Rivers is the same QB then, minus the absolute cannon Flacco has.

might have to trade down and snag him in the end of the 1st or start of the 2nd.

If they dont get him, I want Josh Johnson in the 3rd or 4th.

Not to sound racist or anything, but African American QB's have a hard time succeeding in the NFL (Vick, Vince Young, etc). I'd rather just go with Erik Ainge from Tennessee in round 5 or somethin', and with our first 4 picks, go Otah/Williams, Devin Thomas/LaVelle Hawkins, Chilo Rachel, and Quinten Demps. (that is, if Henne is gone with our 2nd rounder as well as Flacco)

Not to sound racist or anything, but African American QB's have a hard time succeeding in the NFL (Vick, Vince Young, etc). I'd rather just go with Erik Ainge from Tennessee in round 5 or somethin', and with our first 4 picks, go Otah/Williams, Devin Thomas/LaVelle Hawkins, Chilo Rachel, and Quinten Demps. (that is, if Henne is gone with our 2nd rounder as well as Flacco)

McNair, McNabb, Moon...

Bullshit.

The majority isn't good. Leftwich, Tavaris Jackson, Kordell Stewart...

The majority of qbs aren't good. Expecting black qbs to be better than that is silly. And preferring Eric freakin Ainge just because he's white is idiotic. There's a reason he's expected to go late. He'll probably have a much worse career than ANY of those 3 you just listed.

Does it really matter the color of the persons skin. I thought what matters is the persons skill level. Lets please not make this a race issue before someone gets offended. I know that no one is meaning to this into a racial issue but that is the path I see this going. Please debate the people and there skill sets and keep race out of it. Thank you.

Does it really matter the color of the persons skin. I thought what matters is the persons skill level. Lets please not make this a race issue before someone gets offended. I know that no one is meaning to this into a racial issue but that is the path I see this going. Please debate the people and there skill sets and keep race out of it. Thank you.

Well, yeah, that's kind of my point.

Look, like I posted before, this was not meant to be an issue of race; just the simple fact that black QBs don't succeed compared to white QBs. Josh Johnson is a smaller VY, with probably better control on his passes. I don't want that.

If you wouldn't want Vince Young quarterbacking the Bears, you have problems with your head.

Would you rather have Flacco, the man who dominated Div I-AA, and has a highlight reel of terrible mechanics and numerous passes thrown behind receivers?

Not to sound racist or anything, but African American QB's have a hard time succeeding in the NFL (Vick, Vince Young, etc).

Look, like I posted before, this was not meant to be an issue of race; just the simple fact that black QBs don't succeed compared to white QBs.

:blink:

This is like the Ricky Bobby line, where he thinks saying "all due respect" lets him say anything no matter how disrespectful.

If you don't want to sound racist, maybe you should stop saying racist things.

Also things that are bullshit, but let's go one step at a time.

I dont really care what color his skin. Johnson has skill and I would bet he's probably a better passer coming out of college than Vick and Young. He's a pass first QB. People see a dude's black and just assume he can only run and will not be a good QB.

I'll say this now, he'll have a better career than Brennan. :drink

I dont really care what color his skin. Johnson has skill and I would bet he's probably a better passer coming out of college than Vick and Young. He's a pass first QB. People see a dude's black and just assume he can only run and will not be a good QB.

I'll say this now, he'll have a better career than Brennan. :drink

Maybe, I have not read the scouting report on him, but he doesn't look too big, and yes, I did just assume he is a run first QB, but not b/c he is black, but b/c he is small, and no matter how dumb that sounds, I thought Rex was a run first QB b/c he was small before we drafted him and before I read the scouting report on him, also.

Have you seen their receiving group? Justin Gage, the guy the flippin' Bears got rid of, was their #1 receiver. Be realistic.

With all due respect you all are a bunch of a$$holes! just kidding i love that movie and had to say this.

Anyway you look at the qb position its going to be very hard to find a fran qb. There have been too many 1st round busts. Then you can look at Brady who i think was a 6th round draft pick. Flacco and Johnson both scare me.

With all due respect you all are a bunch of a$$holes! just kidding i love that movie and had to say this.

Anyway you look at the qb position its going to be very hard to find a fran qb. There have been too many 1st round busts. Then you can look at Brady who i think was a 6th round draft pick. Flacco and Johnson both scare me.

Exactly. Maybe we should just keep Griese and hope there's a great QB draft next year and go after one then. Obviously, this is a great QB draft with Flacco, Henne, Brohm, and Ryan, but we have greater needs like OL.