Griese to go; Orton to be extended

Connorbear

Per the Suntimes. No problems for me with either. I think the Grossman signing makes keeping Griese unnecessary. Further, I think Kyle showed alot of potential in the last 3 games.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear24.article

Peace :bears

Agree ConnorBear. once we draft a QB--after rd. 1--Griese will be supurfulous. If there really is a competition in training camp, things could get a bit more interesting. I could almost break out the kool aide--almost! :cheers

Good move.

Knowing Flacco probably won't be there for us in round 2, I'd like to see us trade our first rounder to a team like Miami or St. Louis. We could them our 1st and we can, in return, receive their 2nd, their 5th, and their 3rd next year. That way, we could be in front of Atlanta and snag Flacco there. However, I'm in between, b/c if we do this, the best OL man we could probably get it Gosder Cherilous.

I could really see the Bears trading up later on in the 1st round and drafting Flacco. I see OT being the selection at 14.

Are you suggesting we give up our 2nd and one of our 3rds to move up, and maybe a 2009 5th? I could see us doing that with a team like Jacksonville or NYG, now that you mention it. That way, we could go:

1. Jeff Otah, T, Pitt/Chris Williams, T, Vandy

1. Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware

3. Chilo Rachel, G, USC

4. Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida

5. Simeon Castille, S, Alabama

6. LeTroy Guion, DT, Florida State

7. Chauncey Washington, RB, USC

Good move.

Knowing Flacco probably won't be there for us in round 2, I'd like to see us trade our first rounder to a team like Miami or St. Louis. We could them our 1st and we can, in return, receive their 2nd, their 5th, and their 3rd next year. That way, we could be in front of Atlanta and snag Flacco there. However, I'm in between, b/c if we do this, the best OL man we could probably get it Gosder Cherilous.

I wouldn't like that move. I think we should sit tight or trade down if it looks like one of the OTs is going to drop. We need to get one of the top OT prospects. A QB is for the future now that Rex is signed. That's not to say I would'nt want Flacco, but OT is something we need in a big way.

Are you suggesting we give up our 2nd and one of our 3rds to move up, and maybe a 2009 5th? I could see us doing that with a team like Jacksonville or NYG, now that you mention it. That way, we could go:

1. Jeff Otah, T, Pitt/Chris Williams, T, Vandy

1. Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware

3. Chilo Rachel, G, USC

4. Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida

5. Simeon Castille, S, Alabama

6. LeTroy Guion, DT, Florida State

7. Chauncey Washington, RB, USC

That draft makes too much sense for it to happen

That draft makes too much sense for it to happen

:lol: I was just going to post a thread on this. Doesn't it always seem like nobody ever has 1 pick predicted correctly b/c JA always picks some no-namers? In 2006, I had never heard of guys like Dvoracek, Manning, or Jamar Williams. I didn't even have them in my 7 round mock, and the same goes for 2005, when we got guys like Vasher and Berrian.

Good to see I'm not the only one who notices JA never goes after the guys that many think we'll take.

:lol: I was just going to post a thread on this. Doesn't it always seem like nobody ever has 1 pick predicted correctly b/c JA always picks some no-namers? In 2006, I had never heard of guys like Dvoracek, Manning, or Jamar Williams. I didn't even have them in my 7 round mock, and the same goes for 2005, when we got guys like Vasher and Berrian.

Good to see I'm not the only one who notices JA never goes after the guys that many think we'll take.

Ya with the exception of Olsen, that was the biggest no brainer of the whole draft last year.