Don't Be Surprised if

vegas1211

Don't be surprised if the Bears do end up making a play for Turner and maybe even Flozel Adams. I am certain that Berrian is a gonner, but I wouldn't mind if we picked up a veteran in FA and then maybe used our 2nd round pick on a wide receiver. It wouldn't shcok me to see someone like Brandon Lyod come to Chicago given his teis to Turner and then say the Bears pick up someone like Manningham in the second round.

Don't be surprised if the Bears do end up making a play for Turner and maybe even Flozel Adams. I am certain that Berrian is a gonner, but I wouldn't mind if we picked up a veteran in FA and then maybe used our 2nd round pick on a wide receiver. It wouldn't shcok me to see someone like Brandon Lyod come to Chicago given his teis to Turner and then say the Bears pick up someone like Manningham in the second round.

I'd like to see Turner here, but PFT has projected that he'll earn 12.5 million in guaranteed money alone. Meanwhile they projected that Julius Jones will earn 4.5 million in guaranteed money, comparable to the 3 year deal Justin Fargas signed.

The fact is Turner's been a good back-up & has never been an every down back. It's tough to justify paying him that much money on potential. Julius Jones is not great, but he'll be one helluva a lot cheaper and he'd immediately be the #1 RB on this team.

I'd like to see Turner here, but PFT has projected that he'll earn 12.5 million in guaranteed money alone. Meanwhile they projected that Julius Jones will earn 4.5 million in guaranteed money, comparable to the 3 year deal Justin Fargas signed.

The fact is Turner's been a good back-up & has never been an every down back. It's tough to justify paying him that much money on potential. Julius Jones is not great, but he'll be one helluva a lot cheaper and he'd immediately be the #1 RB on this team.

Sounds like the cooler head, bradjock. And another Jones to push Benson (out the door?)

I think in the end we'll just draft a guy to compete at RB. Adrian Peterson is on the way out unless Benson comes back poorly from his injury. In that case Ced gets cut in camp and we keep AP, new guy, and Wolfe.

If Brendon Ayanbadejo leaves as he is expected to, then Adrian Peterson becomes the #1 guy on special teams. Not to mention, he was the #1 Rb last season. Either way, the Bears would be flat out crazy to release Peterson. He's a great player and he's cheap as hell.

Considering we have major needs at O-line, RB, WR, safety, LB, and O-line, I believe that drafting a rb would not be a top priority when there are so many good ones available fairly cheap.

We have a ton of special teams players on our roster and we'll have a few more after this draft and FA are done. I just don't see that as an overriding factor in keeping AP. But like I said a couple months ago. We'll go to camp with 4 guys competing for 3 spots. The new guy probably stays and I suspect Wolfe also stays because we invested a 3rd Rd pick in him and JA won't want to give up on him just yet. You can argue that all you want but it's what I think JA will do. That means Benson competes with AP for a job. The difference is Benson has to be good enough to compete for the #1/2 spot while AP has to be good enough to fill the #2/3 spot.