Michael Turner or Bryan Johnson???

bradjock

It's awesome we've inked Briggs. Yet our weakness has been offense, and so far the only thing we've done is dump 2 o-lineman, and lose our best WR to a division rival.

Don't we have to bring a play-maker in here? Assuming we're only going to pay one (we still need to sign an offensive guard) would you rather have Michael Turner or Bryan Johnson? These are the two best available at their positions.

I hope like hell we're able to land one of the two. No way we'd get both (or one for that matter.)

It's awesome we've inked Briggs. Yet our weakness has been offense, and so far the only thing we've done is dump 2 o-lineman, and lose our best WR to a division rival.

Don't we have to bring a play-maker in here? Assuming we're only going to pay one (we still need to sign an offensive guard) would you rather have Michael Turner or Bryan Johnson? These are the two best available at their positions.

I hope like hell we're able to land one of the two. No way we'd get both (or one for that matter.)

Don't forget that we released Moose. So we lost our #1 and #2 receivers, our starting RB has lost a step, and we have 2 holes on our o-line.

Sign Booker, Hackett, and an O-Lineman via FA. Then draft Mendenhall, OL, QB the first 3 rounds.

Sign DJ Hackett and Julius Jones. I'd feel better then. However another beer would make me feel better.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. I'm drinking another beer right now.

DJ Hackett shouldn't cost much and he's not a huge drop-off from Berrian. Julius Jones is supposedly the 2nd best RB on the market.

maybe to Johnson hell no to Turner

Why don't you like Turner??? I'm skeptical because he's been a #2 next to LT, but what I do know is:

1. He has big play ability

2. He has great hands

3. He's better then Adrian Peterson (the best RB on this team.)

Turner is going to command big time $$$$$ for backing up the best RB over the past several years. I think Turner could be a good back but you will get better value from Thomas Jones' broham Julius. Bradjock.....hook me up with a beer.

That makes a ton of sense. On all parts. Except for the beer. I'm stingy damnit!

The fact that Turner hasn't signed makes me think he's getting the "Lance Briggs treatment." Teams aren't as interested in him as initially thought. He might not cost that much.

I'd be happy as hell with Turner or Julius.

That makes a ton of sense. On all parts. Except for the beer. I'm stingy damnit!

The fact that Turner hasn't signed makes me think he's getting the "Lance Briggs treatment." Teams aren't as interested in him as initially thought. He might not cost that much.

I'd be happy as hell with Turner or Julius.

NFL Network said he has been in Atlanta since Friday. He actually went out to dinner with Author Blank tonight. I don't see him leaving Atlanta.

Peace :bears

i'm torn between mendinghall and an offensive lineman. if we don't sign one of the better fa rb's and draft an o lineman than we need to go after a runner since cedric has lost a step.

Report: Benson's surgery may cost him a step

The surgery Cedric Benson underwent to repair his fractured ankle required a small plate to hold the bone together.

A source told the Chicago Sun Times that the plate and surgery "may cost him a step." Really, how much slower could he be? Benson can trigger a $1.73 million bonus by rushing for 701 yards in 2008, but probably won't get there. The Bears seem likely to find a new starting back this offseason. Feb. 27 - 5:14 pm et

Source: Chicago Sun Times

NFL Network said he has been in Atlanta since Friday. He actually went out to dinner with Author Blank tonight. I don't see him leaving Atlanta.

Peace :bears

Thanks for the info. I don't have NFL network. I was starting to assume Turner might be in the same spot as Lance Briggs.

I have a good idea of where we're going. I think we'll end up with Marty booker,shane olivea, and maybe one other fa o-lineman who won't break the bank. Draft medenhall with 14, then draft oline the next two picks. I would be happy with this for the fact that olivea is still young, booker wants to come here and he was productive as in never dropping the pass up the middle like moose did, and a good fresh youngster to compete with benson. Receivers would be Booker, Hester, Bradley, Davis, and Hass. Not too bad if you ask me. Berrian was overrated, and I think bradley can more than pick up his slack and don't forget we're heading into year two of the hester experiment he can only get better. Davis is pretty clutch as well. Just my thoughts though.

Wideout would be a huge downfall. Booker would be the clear cut number one which would be pathetic.

Are you kidding? You think that moose is better than booker. What I was saying is that booker replaces moose and hester/bradley/davis/hass duke it out to replace berrian although bradley and hester are more likely to take berrian's spot since they have speed. Don't forget berrian did have a lot of drops, so bradley and hester don't really have too big of shoes to fill. Booker is a heck of a lot more sure handed than moose was and would actually be an upgrade for the possession receiver spot. Losing berrian isn't the end of the world and we by no means have to compete in a bidding contest for johnson or walker, when a reliable possession wr who costs less and wants to come here and play is sitting right there in front of us. BRING BACK BIG HANDS, I WAS TICKED WHEN WE TRADED HIM!

i wasn't that ticked as okleebooglee had 15 sacks before coming to bears. i was expecting snot bubbles out of farve a la adawale. booker is a good player but is now 3 years older and was just cut by the 1-15 dolphins who now have ted ginn as their #1 wideout. ouch. don't get me wrong i liked marty but adawale seemed like a real difference maker.

i wasn't that ticked as okleebooglee had 15 sacks before coming to bears. i was expecting snot bubbles out of farve a la adawale. booker is a good player but is now 3 years older and was just cut by the 1-15 dolphins who now have ted ginn as their #1 wideout. ouch. don't get me wrong i liked marty but adawale seemed like a real difference maker.

I understand but we've got to look at the phins last year. T. Green is on the major decline, and cleo lemon is a turd. Booker hasn't had a great opportunity there and he actually WANTS to come back here. I'm just trying to think like JA and not break the bank on a player and maybe get a diamond that no one saw in the rough. Marty did catch over 100 balls for us one year and he's not affraid of taking the hit like moose and berrian were. Not to mention he's a "smart receiver" as in a guy who will break his route and get open if a play falls apart. Too many times I didn't see moose and berrian do that. I really see us bringing marty back at a steal of a price rather than throw money to an unproven and big risk johnson or a health risk walker who cries about his current team every year.

I guess Johnson because, have you seen the RB's coming out in this years draft? Oh my, talk about alot of potentially great ones! I want Mendenhall. =)

If there are a lot of them who are potentially great, then why would you go for the 2nd highest priced one? :lol:

Give me a first round O-Lineman or give me another top 14 pick last year after missing the playoffs again.

If there are a lot of them who are potentially great, then why would you go for the 2nd highest priced one? :lol:

Give me a first round O-Lineman or give me another top 14 pick last year after missing the playoffs again.

Because I would rather have Rashard Mendenhall over Michael freaking Turner any day of the week. It was just one of my examples; you could go, Slaton, Stewart, Charles etc.. Lots of good looking guys out there, I just personally want Rashard cuz I'm an Illini fan and it'd be nice to see him in Bears colors.

Given the option of Turner or Johnson I'm taking the WR. IMO it's easier to fill the RB spot via the draft, especially in the middle rounds. Johnson is good enough to replace Berrian but he's not good enough that he should automatically be handed the starting job over Bradley. In other words I also think Bradley is good enough to replace Berrian but his injury history puts a big question mark on him.

Johnson should win that competition but I don't think it should be handed to him because he's had too many character issues in the past. On the other hand to get him to sign here we're probably going to have to give him assurance that he'll at least be our #2 WR.

I think we'll end up seeing Bryant Johnson (or other FA) as our #1, Bradley and Hester splitting the #2 role. I also think we'll see Greg Olsen lined up as a WR more than last year.