Thoughts on Tom Zbikowski?

dawhizz

Just wondering what people think of him in general. I always thought he was pretty overrated, but I don't watch a ton of ND games. The reason that I ask is he seems like exactly the kind of player the Bears would draft, like they did with Garrett Wolfe last year, where he's a guy who has got a ton of attention in the area and has a high "name recognition" value at a position we are obviously hurting at. I would not be shocked to see Angelo draft him at the end of the third round. Is he as overrated as I think he is, or am I missing something?

Just wondering what people think of him in general. I always thought he was pretty overrated, but I don't watch a ton of ND games. The reason that I ask is he seems like exactly the kind of player the Bears would draft, like they did with Garrett Wolfe last year, where he's a guy who has got a ton of attention in the area and has a high "name recognition" value at a position we are obviously hurting at. I would not be shocked to see Angelo draft him at the end of the third round. Is he as overrated as I think he is, or am I missing something?

I read that he is not fast enough and doesnt cover well. No thanks.

He isnt fast enough, but he was NDs return man? strange.

Not really knowing the guy I went to FootballsFuture.com and clicked on Combine Results, then on the link for Defensive Backs and found that Zbikowski was timed, on a fast track and ideal conditions, 4.52 for the 40.

I know nothing about the guy. Maybe he just had a bad day. If this is his typical speed, sounds like more of a strong safety for a traditional 4-3 defense. However, Mike Brown when healthy is a kick ass safety and he was never accused of being a speed merchant! :lol:

(4.52 is not really that bad when you look at the times of all the other safety prospects. He also had 24 reps, again, impressive for a safety.)

I watch every ND game as every Bears game so most of you can understand that this past football season was not a lot of fun for me which might explain my heavy drinking before going into the Saints game to end my Bears season. I had a great time at that game but dont remember much of the game.

Tom Zibikowski is a Chicago product that played QB in highschool. A college buddy is from his home town so i had to hear about him every week. From the first time i heard his name all i have heard is that he is a play maker. In highschool he was unstoppable. In college he is always in the right spot and makes a lot of plays. He reminds me of Mike Brown in alot of ways. He is a leader and a very smart football player.

I WOULDNT MIND US DRAFTING HIM.

I have always liked having home grown products wind up with the home town team. I think Zbikowski is the right type of player that may not have great speed however, seems to make up for the lack of speed by being a student of the game. I think Zbikowski would be a good addition to our defensive backs.

Heck, his last name is perfect for being a Bear!

I'd be happy as hell with him being a Bear.

As others have said, his major flaw is in coverage. However, much like Brown, he just seems to be in the right spot at the right time.

In other words, don't let the measurables confuse you. The kid can play.

Also, as an added bonus, he's a boxer...so you know he's a tough SOB.